The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Jubilee Way, Blandford. The course is run on a mixture of tarmac paths and hard packed paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Blandford parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- While rare, Lyme Disease is present in areas where deer live, and occasionally passed to humans through infected ticks. See NHS Choices website for more about Lyme Disease, and how to deal with ticks.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Blandford parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see the Running For Fitness
View Blandford parkrun in a larger map
Starting under Jubilee Way bridge on the Bland ford to Sturminster Newton trail way you head north keeping to the left at the Y junction and continuing along the trail way under the Bypass and then sharp left, continue past the barn then into the open until you meet a fence that cuts across the trail way, at this point you turn 180 degrees and return along the trail way to the finish near the start point.
Post run coffee at Blandford Leisure Centre approx 500m from the start/finish area.
Location of start
The run starts under Jubilee Way bridge on the Bland ford to Sturminster Newton trail.
Getting there by public transport
All buses go to Blandford Town Centre, from here it is a 10 minute walk, or 5 minute warm up jog! Follow directions on foot.
Getting there on foot
Blandford parkrun starts on the Trailway, near the Hospital. Directions from Blandford Town Centre.
Head north on Salisbury Street and left onto Whitecliff Mill Street, stay left onto Milldown Rd and go down first right onto Jubilee way. Go past the hospital and come to the bridge over the Trailway, go down the slope to the start.
Getting there by road
Follow signs for the Hospital DT11 7DD and park on the road nearby or in the Leisure centre car park approx 500m away.
Additional parking at the Milldown DT11 7SH approx 400m.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in Blandford Lesuire Centre - please come and join us!