On Saturday 9th July we attended Bramley parkrun 56, it started out as a hot and humid morning which unsurprisingly gave way to drizzle near the end, just as a reminder that parkrun is an all-weather community event.
The first group to get a mention are the ones that made the whole event possible and the storming success that it was – the volunteers! Everyone did an amazing job but they all went above and beyond their responsibilities, as they all cheered and encouraged everyone all the way to the finish line.
I've visited three other parkruns across the country, and support is usually only managed by one or two marshals, and sometimes they'll just cheer on their friends.
The thing that I love about Bramley parkrun and that keeps me coming back, is that our volunteers cheer and support everybody; whether they are young or old, fast or slow, lifelong friends or complete strangers.
Our amazing team this week were:
And now for a comprehensive breakdown of the results table (I may have got a bit carried away here...):
- 136 parkrunners, 16 Bramley parkrun first timers and 6 of those completed their first parkrun ever. Congratulations to everyone that finished and I hope the welcoming and supporting atmosphere will lure you back week in and week out.
- New course record!!! The original course record was set at 16:57 by Gregan Clarkson at Bramley parkrun 1. (I wonder if he'll re-appear to reclaim the course record...)
- First 3 male finishers:
- Timmy Davies in 16:46 of Leeds City AC, it was a new PB at Bramley for him as he's ran it 3 times before.
- Matthew Sutton in 19:16, still unattached for any clubs that can catch him...
- Luke Appleyard in 19:33 of Wharfedale Harriers
First 3 female finishers:
- Angela Pattinson in 22:58 of Horsforth Harriers
- Isobel Webster in 23:51, a first timer at Bramley and also unattached
- Emma Brigginshaw in 24:39, also unattached
- There were 40 PBs!
- Parkrun is for all ages, and to highlight that we had 1 person in the 65-69 age group, and 3 people in the 60-64 age group. We also had 5 people in the 11-14 age group and 8 in the 10 and under age group.
Just a reminder that the Bramley Junior Parkrun is almost here, it starts on Sunday 31st July at 09:00am and is a 2k run for juniors only (4-14year olds). For all those that aren't eligible to take part, please consider volunteering. There is a Facebook page and a parkrun website page with more details.
- There were 10 unknown runners which is a shame as you don't get a time or any closer to a milestone t-shirt. Please don't forget you need to have your barcode to be named in the results, and it can't be on your phone.
- There were 13 running clubs represented and the top 3 were:
1. Pudsey Racers RC – 13 runners
2. Bramley Breezers – 11 runners
3. Kirkstall Harriers – 10 runners
Thanks to everyone who volunteered or took part, or both. If anyone would like to volunteer, the Bramley parkrun community is welcoming and supportive, so please don't hesitate to get in contact. We hope to see everyone back soon!