The course is 5000m (5K) long. It's run in Brockwell Park on wide concrete paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Brockwell parkrun, Herne Hill is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- While rare, Lyme Disease is present in areas where deer live, and occasionally passed to humans through infected ticks. See NHS Choices website for more about Lyme Disease, and how to deal with ticks.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Brockwell parkrun, Herne Hill is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see the Running For Fitness
View Brockwell parkrun
in a larger map
Brockwell parkrun course is a 5km run that starts at the park bench by the Lido, beginning with one complete anti-clockwise lap of the perimeter of the park. This is followed by a shorter loop which begins by turning up left after the Lido bench past the BMX track. The route then goes over the top of the hill and straight down, rejoining the perimeter path back towards the Lido. The finish is just after the large tree stump on the grass just before the Lido. The course is suitable for all levels of runner, with wide concrete paths throughout and a simple to follow course.
Location of start
In Brockwell Park, with the start by the Lido.
Getting there by public transport
Brixton underground station in situated approximately 13 mins away from the starting point. You can take a bus to Dulwich Road from Brixton. Take Bus 3 from Stop N towards Crystal Palace Parade or Bus 196 from Stop P towards Norwood Junction Station. Alternatively, Herne Hill station is approximately 6 minutes away from the starting point.
Getting there on foot
Getting there by road
There is free street parking next to the Lido entrance (there will be limited space particularly in the summer). If using a sat nav system please use the post code SE24 0PA
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at The Lido Cafe (back from Dulwich Road and adjacent to the Prince Regent Pub also on Dulwich Road) - please come and join us.