The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is in Bushy Park, Teddington, and run on a variety of surfaces, including grass and paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Bushy parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Bushy parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see the Running For Fitness
A fast, flat course that runs anticlockwise from close to the Diana Fountain in Bushy Park. After 250 metres or so on grass, running parallel with the play park, the course moves onto a hoggin path towards the Church Grove gate. There is a left turn to take you around the edge of Hampton Wick Cricket Club. Continue towards the Hampton Wick gate and take a left turn into Cobbler’s Walk (also called Nightingale Lane). After passing The Leg-of-Mutton Pond there is a right turn onto a track towards the Sandy Lane gate. On reaching the gate, there is a left turn to take you along the perimeter (hoggin) path towards the Teddington Gate. A further left turn will take you onto the grass of Chestnut Avenue. There is another left turn back onto Cobbler’s Walk. A marshal will indicate the point at which you will make a right turn onto a track to run towards Heron Pond, over a little bridge, round the South side of the pond on a hoggin path or grass (your choice) - the finish is in sight!
Occasionally, the start will revert to the Diana Fountain end of Chestnut Avenue. This may be as a result of other events in the park or dangerous conditions.
Toilets located at play area, a 1 minute jog from start (open before start of run).
Location of startThe start is on grass, close to the Eastern side of the Diana Fountain roundabout in the continuation of Lime Avenue. This is 1.5 km (South) from the Teddington Gate entrance to Bushy Park and close to the Hampton Court Gate entrance.
Getting there by public transportThe nearest railways stations at Hampton Court, Teddington or Hampton Wick. Each of these is less than 2km from the start. Buses do not go through the park but there are many local routes that travel close to the park, between Twickenham/Teddington and Kingston and also Kingston and Hampton Court.
Getting there on footThe park is easily accessible by both foot and cycle. Cycle parking is available in both the Diana Fountain car park, close to the children's playground and also at The Pheasantry Cafe.
Getting there by road
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at The Pheasantry Cafe in the park - please come and join us