The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is in Concord Park, Shiregreen, Sheffield and run on asphalt paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Concord parkrun, Sheffield is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- While rare, Lyme Disease is present in areas where deer live, and occasionally passed to humans through infected ticks. See NHS Choices website for more about Lyme Disease, and how to deal with ticks.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Concord parkrun, Sheffield is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see the Running For Fitness
View Concord parkrun
in a larger map
The course consists of two counter-clockwise laps, all on asphalt paths suitable for mobility aids including wheelchairs. The course starts with a flat of 500m then a slight downhill of 500m levelling out at the far end of the course. Passing through a gate and returning with a slight uphill of 400m before levelling out to complete the lap. On the second lap the finish is 400m before the start line, ensuring a total of 5km.
Location of start
From the main car park behind Concord Sports Centre, follow the path for approximately 50m to the children's play area and the start line or enter through the main entrance on the corner of Bellhouse Road and Shiregreen Lane and walk to the children's play area approximately 100m straight ahead.
Getting there by public transport
From Sheffield City centre the 47 and 48 buses run approximately every 20 minutes and drop off next to the main footpath park entrance on the corner of Shiregreen Lane and Bellhouse Road. For further information visittravelsouthyorksire.com
Getting there on foot
The Park is only a short distance away from the Northern General Hospital. From the Northern General Hospital follow Barnsley Road in a northerly direction to the first crossroads and turn right onto Hatfield House Lane. Continue on Hatfield House Lane straight ahead through two sets of crossroads. 25m after the second crossroad, there is the main footpath entrance into the south west side of the park. The start is next to the children's play area approximately 100m straight ahead.
Getting there by road
The Park lies close to the A6135 Barnsley Road and the Nothern General Hospital. The A6135 can be accessed via junction 35 on the M1 if travelling from the north or by following the A & E signposts from Meadowhall (M1 junction 34) or the Sheffield Wednesday football ground at Hillsborough. At arrival at the Northern General Hospital on the A6135 Barnsley Road, proceed in a northerly direction to the crossroads and turn right onto Hatfield House Lane, after crossing two more crossroads the park is situated on the left. Parking is available behind Concorde Sports Centre. Please ensure when parking behind the centre that the car park to the left is used as this is a council owned car park. Car parking is free and disabled parking is available. For those of you lucky enough to have satnav the post code for the centre is S5 6AE.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at Elm Lane Fire Station Community Room - please come and join us.