The course is 5000m (5K) long. It's run in the War Memorial Park . Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Coventry parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Coventry parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
View Coventry parkrun in a larger map
Start up the pathway towards the War Memorial.
Follow the pathway on the left hand side around the monument, heading towards the skate park.
At the crossroads go straight on, following the path between the hedges.
Continue straight on passing the visitor's centre and car park. Take the left turn to the perimeter path.
Follow the perimeter path around the park until there is a left hand turn back towards the War Memorial.
Follow the pathway on the left hand side around the monument. Repeat the lap.
After your second lap, passing the monument for a third time, the finish will be on the grass on your right hand side.
Location of start
The run starts on the pathway towards the War Memorial.
Getting there by public transportBy bus:
Via Kenilworth Road - 16, 49, 18A, 87, Park & Ride south, U17, X17.
Via Warwick road - 9, 9A, 49, 539.
Coventry Station, (London to Birmingham Line). 10 minutes walk along Warwick Road or Park and Ride South from the top of the Station steps, Warwick Road.
Getting there on foot
Getting there by road
Coventry Ring Road, exit at Junction 6. Follow Warwick road (A429).
Car park - Kenilworth Road (Park and Ride)
The address of the park is: Kenilworth Road, Coventry, CV3 6PT
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at the Beechtree café located in the Visitor Centre - please come and join us.