We’ll be trying a few things over the next few weeks to help ensure that the finish funnel doesn’t fill up at Coventry parkrun. This will mainly be things that we’ve done before that we’re putting back in place to help with the increase in numbers.
There are a few things that you can do to help:
- Please listen to the instructions given to you by the Funnel Managers.
- Please enter the funnel and cross the finish line. Don’t enter the funnel from the side.
- When you cross the finish line please don’t stop – keep walking/running/crawling up the funnel.
- Keep up with the person in front and stay in the order that you finished. Try not to let gaps develop in the funnel.
- If you enter the funnel please take a Finish Token. Please don’t jump out of the queue before being taking a Finish Token. If you don’t want your time recorded, then just hand it in to the Barcode Scanners (or another volunteer).
- Be ready to receive your Finish Token – have your hand out ready. This should take priority over stopping your watch or phone!
- Once you have your Finish Token and have left the funnel please go to one of the Barcode Scanners to get your barcode and your Finish Token scanned – look for the signs. We have multiple scanners in operation, feel free to go to any scanner.
- Please keep the entrance and exit to the finish funnel clear.