Geoff Jackson – A322575
The oldest ever parkrunner to reach the 250 milestone club
252 runs completed (125 at Didcot parkrun)
1) How did you hear about Didcot parkrun?
I already ran regularly at Abingdon parkrun but a Running Club member mentioned it to me as it was being set up.
2) What did you do on a Saturday morning at 9am before Didcot parkrun?
I used to go out and do the weekly shopping.
3) Your Barcode - is it paper, laminated, permanent or other?
I have one of the parkrun wristbands.
4) Do you have any parkrun goals?
My next parkrun goal is to reach an age grade of 80%, I have been close with 79.07% in 2016 and 79.03% in 2017.
5) Do you have a favourite parkrun moment?
It has to be my 250th parkrun last month without a doubt.
6) Has parkrun changed your attitude to running, fitness and general wellbeing?
It has reinforced it if anything.
7) What advice would you give to someone considering coming to Didcot parkrun?
Come along and give it a go, you never know you might just love it.
8) Which do you prefer……Laps on the field or the long path to the finish?
I have no real preference as its all part of the 5k route.
9) What’s your favourite volunteer role?
I really enjoy the ‘Timekeeping’ role.
10) What is your favorite parkrun to date?
I love Didcot parkrun and my favourite event again has to be my 250th parkrun.
11) Describe what parkrun is to you in three words?
Weekend starts here