Didcot parkrunner of the Month - February 2018
Charlie Poulton (pictured left) was thrilled to be chosen as our Didcot parkrunner of the month for February 2018 and has kindly provided his answers to his parkrun likes, loves and goals.
Charlie has been selected this month as he ran four times in February while knocking 1:35 off his overall parkrun time and he has also volunteered on one occasion this month too.
1) Runs completed / PB's earned / Number of times volunteered
12 runs completed (11 at Didcot parkrun) 7 PB’s 4 Volunteered
2) How did you hear about Didcot parkrun? My Mum dragged me along.
3) What did you do on a Saturday morning at 9am before Didcot parkrun?
Watch TV with my little brother.
4) Your Barcode - is it paper, laminated, permanent or other?
I had it laminated
5) Do you have any parkrun goals?
More tourism - we are going to do the Elgin parkun when in Scotland at Easter.
6) Do you have a favourite parkrun moment?
A sprint finish in an elephant onesie!
7) Has parkrun changed your attitude to running, fitness and general wellbeing?
Yes, I now want to try some training to see how I can improve (although I am already faster than Mum!)
8) What advice would you give to someone considering coming to Didcot parkrun?
Always smile at the marshals, it keeps them smiling at you!
9) Which do you prefer......Laps on the field or the long path to the finish?
I like the laps on the field.
10) What's your favourite volunteer role?
Marshalling to encourage the runners and token sorting with cake at the end!
11) What is your favourite parkrun to date?
Didcot's Christmas parkrun.