The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at The Marian, Dolgellau. The course is run entirely on hard packed, unsealed paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Dolgellau parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Unfortunately, the width of the path is not sufficient to safely accommodate runners with dogs or pushchairs.
- While rare, Lyme Disease is present in areas where deer live, and occasionally passed to human's through infected ticks. See NHS Choices website for more about Lyme Disease, and how to deal with ticks.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Dolgellau parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
This has two laps, each an out and back loop on an old railway line - the Mawddach Trail.
Starting from the car park, the course is flat and heads towards Barmouth, over the footbridge and turns just after picnic bench there will be cones and a marshal to give directions. Back to the car park, before running out over the footbridge again.
The finish is back in the Car Park area.
This route is shared with a number of other users, bikes, and dog walkers so all runners are requested to be tolerant and polite and share the trail. Unfortunately, the width of the path is not sufficient to safely accommodate runners with dogs or pushchairs.
The public toilet in the car park takes 20p.
Location of start
The run starts from the car park.
Getting there by public transport
Buses run from the N, S, E and W.
30,33, 35 and 38 are the most regular buses, timetables can be found on the Gwynedd Council website
Getting there on foot
The start is accessible from the main car park at the Marian, Dolgellau.
Getting there by road
LL40 1DL is the closest postcode, the main car park in Dolgellau is easy to find, next to the river and the main road bridge into town. It is a pay & display car park.
LL40 1UU on the sat nav is the postcode for the industrial estate. Satnav will take you through the car park to this postcode - if you go past Gwyndaf Evans Motors Ford Garage, you’ve missed the run start!
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in TH Roberts, Glyndwr St, Gwynedd County, Dolgellau, LL40 1BD - please come and join us!