The course is 5000m (5K) long. It's run at Fleming Park Old Golf Course in Eastleigh. It is run on grass.. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Eastleigh parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Eastleigh parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see the Running For Fitness
View Eastleigh parkrun (changed route April 2012) in a larger map
The course is mainly flat with an undulating section and is run on grass.
Start at the green pin. Follow the route south in a clockwise direction until you reach the blue pin. At the blue pin, branch right to complete the first lap.
Repeat this for 2 laps (the course is 3 laps in total).
On the final lap, at the blue pin, branch left to continue north around the old green until you reach the finish (shown with the red pin).
Location of start
The course is located on the old golf course which can be found at the back of the Fleming park football fields, and next to the Pavilion on the Park. From Fleming Park head straight over the fields, cross over the Brook on the left side bridge, and you will find the start area on the first fairway. The starting area is located next to the Pavilion on the Park building at the end of Magpie Lane.
Getting there by public transport
Fleming Park is easily accessible by public transport from Eastleigh and Chandlers Ford. Both Eastleigh and Chandlers Ford are served by regular train services and bus services.
Getting there on foot
Fleming Park is easily accessible by foot from Eastleigh and Chandlers Ford.
Getting there by road
Fleming Park is easily accessible by road from Eastleigh and Chandlers Ford. Please use the postcode SO50 9NL if using a Sat Nav to take you to Fleming Park, or SO50 9LH to take you to the Pavilion on the Park.
Post Run Coffee
Please join us for a coffee at the Blackbird cafe at the Pavilion on the Park