Eglinton parkrun is cancelled on 20 January 2018: Snow and ice on route

Event Cancelled 9th December

I went into park at 4pm tonight to check route and if run were to be on then I would have canceled as it was treacherous underfoot especially at the downhill at far away bridge with nowhere to jump up and avoid the ice.
I do not see it improving tonight with the current forecast so have decided to make an early call to allow people the chance to make other arrangements.
Sorry if this means you get dragged Christmas shopping 

Ian...

 

Christmas

Following much deliberation by the Run Directors, we're going to take a well-earned break on Christmas Day this year but the New Year's day run will go ahead.

We will be starting at 9am on New Years Day to allow the possibility of a double. Ayr have not yet made a decision on a NYD run though have indicated they would fit in with our timing if they go ahead so would be 11am . I believe Linwood is also 11am which could be another option.

For those new to parkrun New Years Day is the only day of the year when you can register 2 parkruns so local runs normally coordinate times to allow doing a double parkrun

As always this event will be entirely dependent us getting a suitable and enthusiastic bunch of volunteers so that we can safely run the event, so if you think you might be better placed to start the New year as a volunteer, please let us know - eglintonhelpers@parkrun.com

 

Christmas – No, New Year – Yes

Following much deliberation by the Run Directors, we're going to take a well-earned break on Christmas Day this year but the New Year's day run will go ahead.

As always this event will be entirely dependent us getting a suitable and enthusiastic bunch of volunteers so that we can safely run the event, so if you think you might be better placed to start the New year as a volunteer, please let us know - eglintonhelpers@parkrun.com

 

Eglinton parkrun cancelled – 5 December

After reviewing the situation in the park this morning and taking in to account the current and forecast weather conditions, we have taken the decision to cancel today's event.

Safety first but hope to see you all next week instead (12 December).

 

Eglinton parkrun cancelled – 14 November

After consulting with the park and taking in to account the current and forecast weather conditions, we have taken the decision to cancel tomorrow's event.

Safety first but hope to see you all next week instead (21 November).

 

⇐ Newer Posts