The course is 5000m (5K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. It's run in Falls Park, Falls Road, Belfast and run entirely on tarmac footpaths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Falls parkrun, Belfast is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please make sure you’re fit enough to run 5k (3.1 miles). Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- While rare, Lyme Disease is present in areas where deer live, and occasionally passed to humans through infected ticks. See NHS Choices website for more about Lyme Disease, and how to deal with ticks.
- This is a free training event, so all run and attend at their own risk.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Falls parkrun, Belfast is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see the Running For Fitness
View Falls parkrun, Belfast in a larger map
This is a Hilly one! The course starts beside the Bowling club around 100 metres from the main gates of the Park. The course is totally run on tarmac path and is one small lap & 2 large laps running round the beautiful Falls park. The finish is back at the bowling club.
Location of start
The start is adjacent to the Falls Park Bowling Club on main driveway within the park
Getting there by public transport
Buses run every 30 mins from Queens street, Belfast City Centre every Sat morning ( approx 15 min journey)
There is a black taxi rank at King street, Belfast (Castle Junction)
Getting there on foot
From Belfast City Centre, walk straight up the Falls Road for approx 2 miles to main gates of Falls Park.
Getting there by road
Coming from Lisburn direction on the M1:
- Take exit 2 toward Belfast (w)(s).
- At roundabout take 1st exit onto A55/Kennedy Way
- Go straight up Kennedy Way to next roundabout and take 3rd exit onto B102 Andersonstown Road
- Go straight down Andersonstown Road keeping straight ahead at next roundabout
- Falls Park is on left Coming from M2:
- Stay on West Link, then take slip road for Belfast (W)(S)
- Follow signs to Belfast (W)(S)
- At roundabout take 3rd exit
- Follow sign to Donegall Road
- At top of Donegall road bear left at traffic lights onto Falls road
- At next roundabout take 1st exit
- Follow for 0.48 miles & arrive at Falls park main gate on your right
Post Run Coffee
Every week tea, coffee or squash will be available at the finish in the Bowling Club - please come and join us.