A quick round up of the last few weeks. There have been:
Lots of runners, walkers and joggers - 872 in total...not all at once though. We do have finish tokens up to 1,000 just in case
A takeover from Notts Women Runners - thanks to our purple people!
Multiple milestones - excellent work and congratulations to:
- 50 parkruns: James Morris Smith, Emma Tomlinson, Andrew Bee, Angus Filshie, Paul Newbury,
- 100 parkruns: Bailey Knighton, Cody Knighton and David Croydon-Fowler
Thanks to all our volunteers, across the three weeks these are the people who made the events possible:
- Timekeepers: Steph James, Charlie Pearce, Natalie Holmes, Heather Severn, Ian Dennis and Michelle Dennis
- Barcode scanners: Vivienne Craven, Oskar Keeble, Caroline Mahal (twice), Julie Thorne, Rachel Cadman, Neil Roach, Su Justice, John Houghton and Fred
- Finish tokens: Sue Chicken, Stuart McCletchie, Nicola Steel, Linda Woodings, Emily Jones and Simon Worsley
- Marshals: Karen Archer, Deborah Elson, Maureen Limb, Adele Reid, Fiona Starkie, Sarah-Jayne Wilson, Sara Mawson-Sinclair, Emma Tomlinson, Kelly Witts, Micnael Cavanagh and Antony Dowd
- Tail walkers: Mark Dawes, Ewan Henderson, Gary Ryan, Lorinda Ryan, Pauline Fields, Claire Madon, Rita Temple, Rachel Grant and Sarah Sharp
- Sign Language Support: Trina Beaumont
- Post event close down: Amy Gilbert
- Token Sorting: Daniella Dimambro, Martyn Newton and Tracey Parr
- Run directors: Tessa Turton, Alison Fox and Chris Foulds
Here are a few of them in hi vis:
...and, in one case, Fred vis
You'll see a volunteer for sign language support, which was the first time Forest Rec has had someone in that role. If you'd also like to help with this at future runs drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
As always we finished each week in Homemade, for tea / coffee / breakfast / cake / token sorting / some combination of those five things
Lastly a reminder we are running on Christmas Day in addtion to the usual events :) Usual 9:00am start time. The pavilion will be closed, so for once we won't be in Homemade afterwards. That also means there'll be no toilets, including before the run.
Forest Rec parkrun
Full results and a complete event history can be found on the Forest Rec parkrun Results Page.
The male record is held by Alastair WATSON who recorded a time of 15:29 on 30th November 2013 (event number 33).
The female record is held by Lucy GOSSAGE who recorded a time of 18:03 on 2nd September 2017 (event number 219).
The Age Grade course record is held by Val NAYLOR who recorded 94.48% (23:34) on 26th October 2013 (event number 28).
Forest Rec parkrun started on 6th April 2013. Since then 8,268 participants have completed 47,799 parkruns covering a total distance of 238,995 km, including 8,644 new Personal Bests. A total of 684 individuals have volunteered 3,624 times.