The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Plock Court Playing Fields, Gloucester Academy / Bishops College School, Gloucester. The course is run entirely on grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Gloucester North parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Gloucester North parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
The course is on Plock Court Playing Fields, in the Longlevens area of north Gloucester. A flat, three lap run around the perimeter of the sports fields. Starting by the Astro hockey pitches on the playing fields. Access via foot path entrance at the edge of the Oxstalls Sport Centre car park. The clockwise route follows the perimeter of the playing fields until reaching the footpath on the north side, it then cuts directly across the fields, back to the south edge, keeping to the left of the cricket square and back by the gate to complete the first lap. It’s then two more laps until the finish line. which is clearly marked to the left of the gate.
Oxstalls Sports Park, Plock Court, Tewkesbury Road, Gloucester GL2 9DW - toilets and a café serving drinks and a full food menu. Wheelchair access. More details on the facilities at the Sports Park and classes can be found on the Oxstalls website
Location of start
The run starts by the Astro hockey pitches on the playing fields.
Getting there by public transport
From Gloucester Train Station / City centre: The No. 71 bus runs from the bus station opposite the railway station. Get off Opposite Fairmile Gardens, and runs every 10-15 mins. It takes 10 mins to get to Fairmile Gardens by bus. From here, cross the road and walk in the direction of your bus for 25 metres until you come to Plock Court. Turn right into Plock Court and then take the first left into the “Aspire” Oxstalls Sports Park service road. Follow the pavement until you arrive in the car park.
Getting there on foot
From Gloucester Train Station / City centre: Turn right on station forecourt and locate pedestrian tunnel taking you on to Great Western Road. Turn left down GWR turning right on to London Road. Walk 1 mile up LR to the traffic signals at the top of the hill, turn left on to Cheltenham Road. Follow CR down to the roundabout (500 metres). Take the first exit left and cross Estcourt Road. Walk left down Estcourt Road, residential carriageway, walk for one mile until you reach a 4 way roundabout. Turn right here and walk 400 metres up Tewkesbury Road until you come to the 3rd road to the right, Plock Court. Turn right into Plock Court and then take the first left into the “Aspire” Oxstalls Sports Park service road. Follow the pavement until you arrive in the car park.
Getting there by roadDirections from city centre:
North up A430 Kingsholm Road, take second exit straight on to A38 Tewkesbury Road at “Farmers Club” roundabout (St Oswald’s / Tewkesbury and Estcourt Roads). Take 2nd right onto Fairmile Gardens and then take the first left until you reach the Gala Club. Enter the car park and park at the back of the building. From there, walk through the pedestrian gate to the left and you will see Oxstalls Sports Centre car park. Follow the car park to the left, by the Astro hockey pitches to enter the fields where you will see the Start. Sat Nav: GL2 9EB.
Directions from Motorway M5:
Exit M5 (north or southbound) at Junction 11. Take A 40 direction Gloucester. Continue until roundabout (Elmbridge Court). Take the third exit right on to A40 direction Longford. Follow dual carriageway until you reach the first roundabout (Longford). Take the first exit left direction Gloucester City centre. Then take the 2nd left onto Fairmile Gardens and then take the first left until you reach the Gala Club. Enter the car park and park at the back of the building. From there, walk through the pedestrian gate to the left and you will see Oxstalls Sports Centre car park. Follow the car park to the left, by the Astro hockey pitches to enter the fields where you will see the Start. Sat Nav: GL2 9EB.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in Oxstalls Sports Park café - please come and join us!