It's the August bank holiday weekend, which only means one thing - we'll be at Route B. Meeting point near the children's playground off Lime Avenue
We're at Route B on 7th July to accommodate the Race for Life event. Meeting point near the children's playground area.
It's back, Route A this week. Looking forward to not having to lug the gear up the hill to Route B!!
26th May will be the last Saturday at Route B for a few weeks so the love/hate relationship with the final uphill is on hold for a while.
See you at the intersection of Well Walk and East Heath Road for the fond farewell.
On our 7th birthday, 419 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 58 were first timers and 48 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 25 different clubs took part. David White achieved his 100th parkrun.
To mark our birthday, we held a prize giving to celebrate some of our most impressive and generous HH parkrunners over the last year:
Star volunteers were:
- David Levey, guardian of Levey Corner by the model boating pond, marshalled 38x in the last 12 months
- Victoria Eze, our doctor-on-call who still managed to volunteer 32x and has achieved an age grade of over 70%
- Libby Makinson, volunteered 22x covering practically all roles over the year, including RD. She was absent on Saturday for her first marathon but did fly the HH flag at Faelledparken, Copenhagen parkrun
[Most prizes collected were by Philippa Levey, David's wife, who picked up the awards for David and Libby.]
Buzzing busy bee allrounder - Clare McVey, volunteered 15x, ran 36x and was highest age grade scorer on Saturday with 77.5% for her 24'00"
Most inspiring parkrunners epitomising the HHpr spirit were:
- Nick Harding - our VM80-84 stalwart who likes to volunteer when it's route B
- Handley Stevens - our VM75-79 record holder with 25'20" who was volunteering the week before.
Saturday's event was made possible by 20 volunteers:
Michelle MOSSADEGH • Juliet RODGERS • Neil CAMERON • Paul SCANNELL • Richard CAWDELL • Ella LOUIS • Alina Eliza May WILLIAMSON • Marina GROMOVA • Antonia BROWN • Chris CHARLES • Ben EDWARDS • Kate GOSLING • Ellen DONALD • Ashley STREETER • Shravan SOOD • Joaquin THUL • Syd GOODING • Melanie WILNEDER • Gabriel NAVARRO • Carolina NAVARRO
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Hampstead Heath parkrun Results Page.
The male record is held by Richard GOODMAN who recorded a time of 15:32 on 22nd November 2014 (event number 187).
The female record is held by Hannah VINER who recorded a time of 17:23 on 23rd December 2017 (event number 347).
The Age Grade course record is held by Val NAYLOR who recorded 88.53% (25:34) on 18th October 2014 (event number 182).
Hampstead Heath parkrun started on 14th May 2011. Since then 11,901 participants have completed 66,703 parkruns covering a total distance of 333,515 km, including 11,118 new Personal Bests.