The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Higginson Park, Marlow
. The course is run on a mixture of trail paths and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Higginson parkrun, Marlow is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
- Unfortunately this course is not suitable for buggies.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Higginson parkrun, Marlow is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
Higginson parkrun, Marlow is a beautiful route alongside the banks of the River Thames. The course start and finish is located between the skate park and cricket pavilion. The course comprises of two anti-clockwise loops of the park followed by an out and back section along the Thames Path.
Unfortunately this course is not suitable for buggies.
Unfortunately dogs are not allowed at this event.
There are toilets at the High Street entrance to Higginson Park. A children’s playground is situated near the park’s main entrance.
Location of startThe event starts between the skate park and cricket pavilion.
Getting there by public transportMarlow is served by a train service from Maidenhead. The station is approximately 800m from Higginson Park. As you leave the station, turn left onto Station Road at the Marlow Donkey public house. The park gates are at the end of this road.
The X80, 800 and 850 bus services serve Marlow running between High Wycombe, Henley and Reading. The buses stop at the end of the High Street, walk down the High Street towards the bridge and you will see the entrance to the park.
Getting there on footHigginson Park is located at the river end of the High Street. Walk down the High Street towards the bridge. You will see the entrance to the park on your right. From the main gate head straight along the path keeping right at the fork, you'll pass Court Garden Leisure Complex on your right and the start is just beyond there.
Getting there by roadFrom the M4 J8/9 take the A404 and leave at Bisham then follow the road for approx 1 mile into Marlow. As you come over the bridge, Higginson Park can be seen on the left. Turn left at the mini roundabout for car parking.
From the M40 J4 take the A404 for approx 3 miles followed by the A4155 exit for Marlow. Continue into Marlow and turn left at the obelisk. At the bottom of Marlow High Street there is a double mini roundabout, Higginson Park is ahead on your right. Turn right at the mini roundabouts then you will arrive at Pound Lane car park.
From Henley you’ll enter Marlow on the A4155. Take the first right turn in Marlow, which is Pound Lane. The main car park is approximately 800m along here on the right at the mini roundabout.
The postcode for Sat Nav is SL7 2AE. Car Parking is available in the Pound Lane public car park, close to the start/finish area. This is a pay and display car park. Further car parking is available on Marlow High Street and in the town centre car parks. Please avoid parking in the nearby residential areas.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in the Riverside Café, located within Court Garden Leisure Complex - please come and join us!