The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is in Greenhead park and run on tarmac and gravel,. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Huddersfield parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- While rare, Lyme Disease is present in areas where deer live, and occasionally passed to humans through infected ticks. See NHS Choices website for more about Lyme Disease, and how to deal with ticks.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Huddersfield parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see the Running For Fitness
View Huddersfield parkrun
in a larger map
The route starts with a short anti clockwise loop around the cafe and play area and continues with two anti clockwise laps through the park.
Location of start
We start at the Marsh Fold entrance to the park.
Getting there by public transport
Get the 319, 360, 370, 371, or 372 buses from Huddersfield Westgate. They will let you off just after The Junction Pub. Approximately three minutes by bus. Huddersfield Train Station is opposite Westgate. Turn right out of the station and walk up ramp. Bus stop is on opposite side of the road. Check West Yorkshire Metro for up to date travel information.
Getting there on foot
Come out of Huddersfield town centre from Westgate. Cross the ring road and continue up towards Marsh on Trinity Street. At the roundabout which has The Junction Pub on it you will see the Park entrance on your left. An approximately ten minute walk from the town centre. You will pass the bottom entrance of the park as you walk up. You may enter the park by the Park Lodge entrance and walk up through to the Marsh Fold gates.
Getting there by road
Head out of Huddersfield on the A640. Greenhead Park is opposite The Junction Pub. Approximately two minutes from town centre. Come off the M62 at junction 23 onto the A640. Head towards Huddersfield town centre until you see The Junction Pub on your right. The park is opposite. Approximately seven minutes from junction 23. There is no parking within the park but there are parking spaces around the outside perimeter.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at the Greenhead Park café - please come and join us.