The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is in Kingsbury Water Park, Sutton Coldfield. The course is run on a mixture of tarmac paths, gravel paths and off road. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Kingsbury Water parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- While rare, Lyme Disease is present in areas where deer live, and occasionally passed to humans through infected ticks. See NHS Choices website for more about Lyme Disease, and how to deal with ticks.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Kingsbury Water parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see the Running For Fitness
View Kingsbury Water parkrun in a larger map
The course begins with an 800m run along an internal tarmac road which runs alongside the miniature railway. After that we are on gravel paths as we cut back towards Willow’s Pool. We then begin our clockwise circuit of Bodymoor Heath Water, Causeway Pool and the Model Boat pool. Having completed the circuit we return to the finish along the same road that we went out on to complete the 5k.
Location of start
From the main entrance to the park turn left. After passing the café on your left and Echills Wood Miniature Railway Station on your right, the start is a few meters ahead of you.
Getting there by public transport
Arriva Midlands bus services 115, 116 operate between Birmingham, Curdworth, Hurley, Kingsbury and Tamworth.
Getting there on foot
You can enter the Water Park on foot from Kingsbury itself. There is a path through St Peter’s church at the top of Church Lane. It is about 1 kilometer to the start of parkrun from here, taking the main path alongside Bodymoor Heath Water.
Getting there by road
Coming from the south Kingsbury Water Park is signposted from the M42 at junction 9.
From the north leave the M42 at junction 10, follow signs to Kingsbury.
On site parking is available at a significantly discounted rate for parkrunners displaying their barcode and arriving between 0815 and 0850.
The standard parking charge applies outside of these times.
Additional parking is available in public car parks and on streets in Kingsbury with access on foot into the park approximately 1km from the start line.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in The Old Barn Café, right by the main entrance - please come and join us!