Celebrating the real heroes of parkrun... the volunteers!
Every parkrun only happens because of the time and dedication of our volunteers. Many thanks to all of them, past and present. We are always looking for new volunteers. This page explains how to get involved.
How to get involved
Finding out about Kingsbury Water parkrun volunteering opportunities couldn't be easier. Simply open a recent parkrun newsletter, results email or volunteer email, click on 'manage my profile', then 'email options', then select the events you'd like to hear from and click 'save opt-in events list'. You will then receive regular emails from those events letting you know all about their volunteering opportunities.
You can see an event's future volunteer roster via their specific future roster page
. To get in touch with the event directly, just send an email to email@example.com
What would I do at the Event?
First, and most importantly, we never ask anybody to do anything they're not comfortable with. If you don't want a particular task, please let us know and we will happily give you an alternative job. Nevertheless, none of our tasks are too stressful. You could be organising the finish funnel, operating the timer, or scanning the runners' barcodes with our simple barcode readers; we try to start people out on a general marshalling type job, so they get a feel for how we operate. But if you really want to do something in particular, please let us know and we'll see what we can do.
Remember as a volunteer you are the eyes and ears of parkrun. If you have any concerns that arise at a parkrun event, whether involving children or adults, you should discuss those concerns with the Event Director on the day, as soon as possible thereafter or email Head Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I get my name in lights?
We like to recognise and publicly thank all our volunteers, and your name will appear on our home page in the This Week's Heroes section. We also keep a log of what tasks everybody has done. To do this you need to be registered on our system. If you have not registered, it's really easy to do so: just go to the parkrun registration page
and fill in the simple form.
Many thanks to this week's heroes
Adrian PARKES • Brian ADAMS • Brian JONES • Danny WARREN • Darcy O'LEARY • Darren O'LEARY • Gill H HOLMES • Hannah BURGESS • Jane BARRETT • Jane HUBBLE • John RESTALL • Judy PARKES • Louise VERNON • Matthew GREEN • Nivette CHESTER • Paul DANIELS • Rachel HALLETT • Richard CHESTER • Sam MULLEN • Teresa BUCK • Tracey BERRY
The core team
Kingsbury Water parkrun happens largely because of our fantastic volunteers, who are almost all regular runners like you. The weekly team of volunteers are led by a small group of parkrun enthusiasts who form what we call the 'core team': They make sure the event is setup and packed away each week, the results published, the tokens resorted, event reports written and so much more.
- Richard Hill - Richard was a regular runner and volunteer at Brueton parkrun in Solihull before he moved to North Warwickshire. Then he joined us to help set up Kingsbury Water parkrun. Richard H is the quiet one on parkrunday, most often seen cycling round the course laden with cones, stakes and arrows.
- Nivette Mullan - Nivette, is coach and founder of the BADGERS Baddesley Running Club, based in nearby Baddesley Ensor. Nivette is one of our Run Directors (the loud one) and she is our Special Events and Volunteer Coordinator. If you want to volunteer for us anytime then speak to Nivette.
- Richard Chester - Richard is our cool calm negotiator and diplomat. He is another one of our Run Directors. Rich C also maintains our working relationship with the country parks manager, and with the other interest groups at Kingsbury Water Park
- John Hanson - John has been around a bit. The midlands parkruns that is. He’s a 50 club parkrunner, He joins us as our roving reporter, one of our publicists, and he has fast become a popular tail-runner offering support and encouragement to those runners for whom just completing the course is a challenge.
- Tricia Bunn - Tricia has been a regular volunteer with us right from the start. A marathon running member of Peel Road Runners. Tricia is most often seen helping us out in the finish area, a precision timer, and always warmly congratulating our runners as they finish.
- Richard Bunn - Richard has been another regular volunteer with us right from the start. A Peel Road Runner, Rich B completes the trio of Richards at KWp. Rich B will be run directing for us and result processing and helping to publicize the event.
- Steph White - Steph is our most recent recruit. A triathlete, she has been volunteering with us since event number 1. Steph is another quiet one. You’ll definitely not see Steph doing the run brief. That exclusion is written in to her contract. Most often seen riding the lead bike. Catch her if you can!
We're very grateful to the help provided by everybody, both now and in the past, who've helped make Kingsbury Water parkrun happen.
Please opt-in to the volunteer email if you'd like to join us and get involved!