Conditions in Lloyd Park this evening are okay so we still intend to hold Lloyd parkrun tomorrow (3rd March).
Roads are okay - main routes - BUT the car park is snowy and sections might be icy - coming on foot or by public transport is highly recommended, and if it's not safe for you to drive on the local roads, then please don't - the parkrun will be here next week!
Trail shoes or hiking boots or similar recommended. There are sections of snow ankle-deep between the last slope and the bowling green.
Please check @lloydparkrun on Twitter for updates in the morning - if we decide to cancel, we'll announce it.
If we go ahead then everyone needs to be sensible please - no PBs wanted!
- Do not attempt to drive to the park if the roads are bad
- Do not come if your footwear is not suitable for running, jogging or walking in snow.
- Do not come if you do not have sensible clothing for before, during or after the event.
- Not a sensible day to run with a buggy!
- Be really, really kind and grateful to the volunteers who will be standing outside in these conditions for 2 hours!
- If you are a volunteer tomorrow, wrap up warm (and then add another layer, or two). Bring a hot water bottle, hand warmers, thermos flask, etc.
Remember, it isn’t compulsory - you do not have to do parkrun this Saturday - no one will blame you if you decide to tuck yourself under your duvet instead. You can always come and run it next week, for free.