As normal, the park will be closed on Christmas day 2017, so we will not have an event taking place that day. However, we have decided to organise an event on New Year's Day 2018 at 9.00am!
Due to snow we are cancelled tomorrow- 5th March.
Enjoy making snow men!!
We are delighted to announce we will be up and running on New Years Day at 9am so any folks who fancy the double will have ample time to get over to Marple parkrun for their 10:30am start
This week 82 brave souls completed parkrun at Lyme Park and we have to thank the marshals for standing out there in the snow for us and the supporters cheering us on at the finish. Running into the finish it was actually quite hard to see through the snow at times! Here are 10 highlights of the morning for me:
1. Katherine Harvey was the only hardy runner I spotted in a short sleeved t-shirt - they must breed them tough in Hayfield!!!
2. We had 10 first time parkrunners - you all picked a tough day for it and did brilliantly, hope to see you back soon, hopefully with some sunshine. Well done James Hobson, John Corcoran, Alan Scholefield, James Fairclough, Heather Gilbert, Bethan Greenhalgh, Claire Gunson, Joanne Hobson, Hazel Hindle, and Catherine Burton.
3. There were two dogs running today and 1 dog 'cheering' at the finish. Rolo was our 'tail dog' and enjoys this role as it means he gets to wander about a bit and take in the smells of the park. Lucy gave some good barks of appreciation at the finish line - thanks Lucy.
4. Age grade champ of the day is Victoria Ann Perry at 76.78%, amazing on such a tough course.
5. Bramhall runners fielded the largest club contingent, followed closely by Glossopdale, Goyt Valley, and Moor Running Friends.
6. Tumble Turn was already quite a muddy mess when I got there, well done to the runners who had slipped and still battled on.
7. Two juniors ran today, Adam Joseph Hall and Matthew Cordes, good going guys.
8. Nine people achieved a PB - very impressive in the conditions!
9. I tried my hand at barcode scanning, thanks to the other helpers for rescuing me with the ones that didn't work. The best barcode I saw was from Matthew Pink who had a very appropriately coloured barcode. I breathed a sigh of relief when the results came in seemingly all correct! Do drop us a message if you would like to try volunteering, its good fun.
And finally, most importantly?
10. The cafe ordering system via the parkrun loudspeaker appears to be working well for some of the marshals, I hope everyone enjoyed their bacon butties after the run!
Have a great Birthday next week Lyme Park!
Unfortunately we have cancelled tomorrows event (24.1.15) due to compact ice on the course. We are looking into an alternative winter route to minimise future cancellations so please bear with us. We have neighbouring runs with kinder climates so please visit our friends at Marple, Bramhall, Cheadle, Burnage to name but a few!
Hope to see you all next week!