This week it rained, a lot. Despite that 192 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 43 were first timers and 22 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 23 different clubs took part. Junior runners Honey Griffith and Jake Rodwell ran their 10th parkrun, while Andrew Ottewell and Stephen Smurthwaite joined the 10 club – well done all!
The event was made possible by 26 superb (and soggy) volunteers including our fabulous Duke of Edinburgh students:
Alex ROWE • Sharon COOPER • Jeremy MCCANDLESS • Kirsten BURNETT • Christine BURGESS • Julie ROONEY • Roy STEVENS • Karen KIDNER • Martyn BURNETT • Sheila STEVENS • Hannah CONNELL • Matthew LARDNER • Nigel KIDNER • Connor BURNETT • Michelle COPELAND • Finlay MCCALMAN • Trinny WHARRIER • Matthew COOPER • Marion WILSON • Claire MARKHAM • Kyla MURRAY • Harry THOMPSON • Paul ROGERS • Peter ROONEY • Patrick HILLS • Benjamin EICHHÖFER
There is no event this coming Saturday (16 September) as there is a steam fair at Lytham Hall. Preston is also cancelled. The other cancellation date that we expect this year is 18 November.
Some money was dropped on Saturday and handed in. If you have lost any, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, giving details of what was lost.
The new route means less congestion and overtaking than we used to have, which is great. However, we do have runners and walkers going at different speeds, including those with buggies and dogs. We expect all our parkrunners to be considerate, but sometimes there can be difficulties if a runner is being overtaken and doesn’t hear a shouted warning, because of wearing earphones. We know some of you like to run to music, but please make sure this is at a volume where you can still clearly hear people around you. This helps avoid bumps and people getting cross with each other, especially when things like puddles might mean someone in front suddenly stepping to one side.
On 30 September, Lytham St.Annes Road Running Club will be taking over the main volunteer roles for the day. They’ll be tempting you to join the annual Green Drive Five (and junior mile). This is a popular run and a great chance to try a different distance. It’s a perfect opportunity to have a chat with one of the club members if you’ve been thinking about joining a running club too! We’re always well-supported by our local clubs so wherever you live or whichever nights you’re free, there’s probably a local club for you. They’re all friendly and you don’t have to be fast or able to run a long way.
This week's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Lytham Hall parkrun Results Page.
- Neil TATE (VM35-39) of Lytham St. Annes RRC, was first over the line in 18:06 - third time in 51 appearances.
- Chris MILES (SM25-29) of Preston Harriers, was second over the line in 18:24.
- Robert MORGAN (SM20-24) of Chorley Athletic and Triathlon Club, was third over the line in 19:26.
- Catherine CARRDUS (VW45-49) of Lytham St. Annes RRC, was first (4th overall) over the line in 19:40 - 7th time in 8 appearances.
- Jeanette WHITHAM (VW40-44) (Unattached) was second (30th overall) over the line in 23:10.
- Alice BURR (JW11-14) (Unattached) was third (33rd overall) over the line in 23:45.
The three highest age grades were recorded by:
- Catherine CARRDUS (VW45-49) – 81.53% for the time 19:40 (4th overall).
- John Graeme BERTENSHAW (VM60-64) – 79.46% for the time 20:22 (7th overall).
- Neil TATE (VM35-39) – 74.31% for the time 18:06 (first overall).
The female record is held by Hannah OLDROYD who recorded a time of 17:58 on 10th September 2016 (event number 39).
The male record is held by Andy BENSON who recorded a time of 15:31 on 11th February 2017 (event number 59).
The Age Grade course record is held by Maureen LANEY who recorded 94.93%
(21:02) on 21st January 2017 (event number 56).
Lytham Hall parkrun started on 28th November 2015. Since then 3,480 participants have completed 16,025 parkruns covering a total distance of 80,125 km, including 3,973 new Personal Bests.