This week 257 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 78 were first timers and 37 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 20 different clubs took part. Many of this week's participants were regulars from Preston and Blackpool, which were both cancelled. It was lovely to have you all join us! It meant the course was busy. Please do remember that parkrun is for everyone. If you're a super speedy runner, please do take care not to bump into others. If you're less speedy, you can help by keeping to the left once people start overtaking. It's not a race but people of all abilities do challenge themselves to beat their own pb's.
We're cancelled this week, as the Hall is hosting events for Lytham Club Day. We're going to be walking in the procession, so if you would like to join us please come to Cleveland Rd (the fire station end) before 9.15. Look out for the parkrun flag!
As you may know, we have been using our B route since one of the paths (Old Ballam Rd) has had an unsuitable running surface, meaning we have had a 4 lap B route. Final work is now scheduled for the path, which will mean us soon returning to the 3 lap A route, or, as we hope, a new 2 lap route. Work is taking place on the following dates in June: Thurs 22, Tues 27 and Thurs 29. There may be further dates. The team usually works between 915am and 1pm, then 2-4pm. It would be great if we as a parkrun community could boost team numbers by a couple so if you are able and willing to help, even if just for one of these shifts, please go along to the Hall. You would need gloves and sturdy footwear and would be helping to rake the loose stone level, as it is dropped on the path. It is pretty physical on the arms.
The event was made possible by 22 wonderful volunteers:
Richard Harry STOREY • Paul CROSS • Clive John BERRY • Clive BARLEY • Sharon COOPER • Kirsten BURNETT • David YOUNG • Martyn BURNETT • Matthew LARDNER • Neil TATE • Nicola WISEMAN • Greg OULTON • David WOOD • Michelle COPELAND • Keith RHEAD • Marian RHEAD • Trinny WHARRIER • Joyce BOND • Marion WILSON • Harry THOMPSON • Jo HAY • Patrick HILLS
This week's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Lytham Hall parkrun Results Page.
- Martin GAUGHAN (VM45-49) (Unattached) was first over the line in 17:44 - first appearance.
- Neil TATE (VM35-39) of Lytham St. Annes RRC, was second over the line in 18:44 - has been first to finish on 2 previous occasions.
- Robert FAULKNER (SM25-29) (Unattached) was third over the line in 18:58.
- Helen LAWRENSON (VW45-49) of Wesham Road Runners AC, was first (12th overall) over the line in 20:34 - third time in 12 appearances.
- Michelle TICKLE (VW40-44) of Blackpool, Wyre & Fylde AC, was second (31st overall) over the line in 21:53 - has been first to finish on 2 previous occasions.
- Rachel ENGLAND (VW45-49) (Unattached) was third (50th overall) over the line in 23:49.
The three highest age grades were recorded by:
- Robert Ian CALDERBANK (VM65-69) – 83.07% for the time 20:46 (14th overall).
- David LANCASTER (VM60-64) – 81.18% for the time 19:45 (6th overall).
- Martin GAUGHAN (VM45-49) – 79.98% for the time 17:44 (first overall).
The female record is held by Hannah OLDROYD who recorded a time of 00:17:58 on 10th September 2016 (event number 39).
The male record is held by Andy BENSON who recorded a time of 00:15:31 on 11th February 2017 (event number 59).
The Age Grade course record is held by Maureen LANEY who recorded 94.93% (21:02) on 21st January 2017 (event number 56).
Lytham Hall parkrun started on 28th November 2015. Since then 3,152 participants have completed 14,073 parkruns covering a total distance of 70,365 km, including 3,596 new Personal Bests.