A lovely sunny Saturday morning greeted our 192 parkrunners this week, of whom 30 were first timers and 48 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 19 different clubs took part.
Please note that we have a couple of cancellations in June. On 3rd June there is a weekend arts and craft fair at the hall, meaning the stallholders need early access. Then on 24 June, it’s Lytham Club day! Together with our Park View junior parkrun pals, we’re planning to take part in the procession, so if you fancy swapping your Saturday morning 5k for a walk and some waving at the fine folk of Lytham, we’d love you to join us! It amused us last year to give out tickets entitling the bearer to a free parkrun. It would be great to know if that’s what brought any of you to us for the first time!
We should say a big well done to the many Lytham parkrunners who’ve completed marathons over recent weeks! It’s an amazing achievement. Those of you just starting out, be careful what you wish for – it could be you!
Saturday’s event was made possible by 23 volunteers and each deserves a very hearty pat on the back! If you can put your name down in the coming weeks, we’d love to have you on the team. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org Thanks this week go to:
Alistair BROWN • Charlotte Laura COPELAND • Colette CLARKSON • David WOOD • Fiona MARTIN • Greg OULTON • Hannah CONNELL • Hannah HARGRAVE • Harry THOMPSON • Jonathan FORD • Karen KIDNER • Kevin CLARKSON • Kirsten BURNETT • Lauren BURNETT • Martyn BURNETT • Michelle COPELAND • Morgan RICHARDS • Neil TATE • Nicola WHARRIER • Oliver HEATON • Paul ROGERS • Sophie TATE • Terri WOLSTENHOLME
This week's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Lytham Hall parkrun Results Page.
- Robert DANSON (SM25-29) of Wesham Road Runners AC, was first over the line in 15:48 - second time in 3 appearances.
- Robert FAULKNER (SM25-29) (Unattached) was second (third overall) over the line in 18:45.
- David CAIRNS (VM50-54) (Unattached) was third (4th overall) over the line in 19:04.
- Tessa ROBINSON (VW35-39) of Salford Harriers and AC, was first (second overall) over the line in 18:28 - 6th time in 6 appearances.
- Amanda STERLING (VW45-49) of Keighley & Craven AC, was second (11th overall) over the line in 20:38.
- Lucy TICKLE (JW11-14) of Blackpool, Wyre & Fylde AC, was third (18th overall) over the line in 21:36.
The three highest age grades were recorded by:
- Robert DANSON (SM25-29) – 81.65% for the time 15:48 (first overall).
- Tessa ROBINSON (VW35-39) – 81.50% for the time 18:28 (second overall).
- Amanda STERLING (VW45-49) – 79.32% for the time 20:38 (11th overall).
The female record is held by Hannah OLDROYD who recorded a time of 00:17:58 on 10th September 2016 (event number 39).
The male record is held by Andy BENSON who recorded a time of 00:15:31 on 11th February 2017 (event number 59).
The Age Grade course record is held by Maureen LANEY who recorded 94.93% (21:02) on 21st January 2017 (event number 56).
Lytham Hall parkrun started on 28th November 2015. Since then 2,954 participants have completed 12,839 parkruns covering a total distance of 64,195 km, including 3,323 new Personal Bests.