Normal service was resumed this week with “just” 504 runners out for a bit of a breezy run around the lakes. Great vocal support from the marshalls this week, well done!
We had 36 first timers at MK today, most of whom were trying out parkrun for the very first time however we did have some first time tourists such as Andrew CHALMERS, Andrew PARSONS and Mike BRISTOW. Welcome to you all and let us know how you got on.
A huge 120 of you recorded new Personal Bests. Special mention to Gillian SHEPPARD who knocked nearly 20 seconds off her pb on her 192nd run. That was her first pb since way back in October 2013. Credit has to be given to Victoria Marie BERRY who was really encouraging to her all the way around.
Thanks to this week's volunteers
Andrew DODDS • Andrew STRINGER • Arlette SANCHEZ-GARCIA • Ben MULLAN • Claire HILLMAN-BROWN • David BOYD • David HUDSON • Derek ANDREWS • Gina SHARP • Harriett (Claire) HARMAN • India HILLMAN-BROWN • Jenny FENTON • Maree Blossom JESSON • Pete WHITMORE • Rob WEST • Roger BLOFELD • Ruth CHILCRAFT • Salima KESWANI • Sinead BRADBEER • Stephen HOBBS • Stephen SCOTT • William SHIPPIN
See our volunteer page for details on getting involved in making Milton Keynes parkrun happen.
Huge congratulations to the following that reached their T shirt milestones:
Ruth LYNCH 50
Awesome efforts, well done.
This week we have an update on the junior parkrun that should be coming to Milton Keynes very soon:
In January this year I decided to try and set up a junior parkrun in Milton Keynes. junior parkruns are set up on the same principles as parkrun, the key differences are that junior events are just 2km in length, are targeted at children aged between 4 and 14 years and they are run on a Sunday at 9am. In Milton Keynes we have teamed up with MK Rugby Union Football Club to hold MK junior parkrun on at their facilities in Emerson Valley.
To establish a new event, parkrun contributes half the cost, and seeks a £3,000 start-up fee from the local community. After that, parkrun commits to support the event indefinitely free of charge.
This £3,000 is a one-off service charge paid to parkrun and covers them providing us with all the equipment needed to run the event, such as laptop and software for processing results, signs, volunteer bibs, training, website, and so on.
So far we have raised £2,000 but I need your help to raise the last £1,000. I am looking for community-minded businesses based in Milton Keynes who would like to donate some money to help us reach our fundraising target.
If the organisation you work for, if you know any businesses with a CSR policy/charity fund, would like any more information please contact me for more information. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MK junior parkrun Event Director
Fantastic effort Kas. Keep up the great work and good luck with it.
Now for some stats:
- Ben FAIRHALL (VM35-39) of Redway Runners, was first over the line in 16:36 - 6th time in 10 appearances.
- An unknown runner was second.
- Daniel WEBBER (VM35-39) of Marshall Milton Keynes AC, was third over the line in 17:28 - has been first to finish on 6 previous occasions.
Current standing in the Men's annual points competition:
- William SHIPPIN (Redway Runners) 1977 pts.
- Stuart SINCLAIR (Sweatshop Running Community) 1916 pts.
- Geoff BROAD (Unattached) 1846 pts.
- Emma WHEATCROFT (SW30-34) of Shenley Striders, was first (30th overall) over the line in 20:01 - 4th time in 36 appearances.
- Julie LOXLEY (VW50-54) of Redway Runners, was second (39th overall) over the line in 20:24 - has been first to finish on 21 previous occasions.
- Jennifer SANGSTER (VW40-44) of Redway Runners, was third (60th overall) over the line in 22:06 - has been first to finish on 5 previous occasions.
Current standing in the Women's annual points competition:
- Julie LOXLEY (Redway Runners) 1992 pts.
- Zoe BROAD (Unattached) 1918 pts.
- Lucy RICHARDS (Redway Runners) 1762 pts.
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
- Julie LOXLEY (VW50-54) was graded 82.19% for the time 20:24 (39th overall).
- Ben FAIRHALL (VM35-39) was graded 79.92% for the time 16:36 (first overall).
- Robert HICKMAN (JM11-14) was graded 79.89% for the time 18:09 (5th overall).
Milton Keynes parkrun started on 16th January 2010, and since then 8,608 different runners, including participants from 435 athletics clubs, have completed 74,330 runs covering a total distance of 371,650 km, and there have been 15,073 new Personal Bests.
The women's record is held by Emily TALLEN who ran in a time of 00:17:04 on 2011-10-29 (event number 94).
The men's record is held by Ian KIMPTON who ran in a time of 00:15:01 on 2013-07-27 (event number 182).
The Age Grade course record is held by Shirley Rose GIBSON who recorded a 89.38% run (23:23) on 20th October 2012 (event number 145).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Milton Keynes parkrun Results Page.