This week there were 464 runners out enjoying the awesome Summer sunshine. Slightly too warm for some but still 36 recorded new Personal Bests.
36 runners were first timers either visiting our parkrun as tourists such as both our first and second placed males Michael KAZER and Adam BARLOW or running parkrun for the first time. Either way welcome and hope you enjoyed our course.
Thanks to this week's volunteers
Ann WILLIAMS • Anne BONSON • Ben HOWARD • Carol WEBBER • Daniel WEBBER • Danny MORRIS • Declan CONATY • Dianne VON HAGEN • Emily WARNER • Gareth SNELSON • Ivor HOWARD • Jenny FENTON • Lauren POLLOCK • Lee MAPLEY • Maree Blossom JESSON • Oliver TOMLINSON • Paul THOMAS • Rachel GAINES • Roy TAYLOR • Susan BEVERIDGE • William SHIPPIN
See our volunteer page for details on getting involved in making Milton Keynes parkrun happen.
We are very short of marshalls next week so if you can help out with that or any other roles/weeks then please get in touch with the role and weekend you can look after.
MIlton Keynes parkrun is cancelled the week of the 5th September as the Parks Trust are replacing the bridge between the two lakes. Plenty of other parkruns in the local area so let us know where you are going. Please check the parkrun is being held before travelling.
Congratulations to the two runners that hit their 50th run milestones Keith GENTRY and Stephane CARPENTER and a special mention to Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos RAMÍREZ who was running his 272nd run! Remember the only way to hit these sort of numbers is to drag yourself out of bed on a Saturday morning and bring your barcode! Each week we have loads of people either forget their barcodes or supply a soggy disintegrated paper barcode that can’t be scanned. Our rules are simple - no barcode - no result - no exceptions no matter who you are.
Finally, we have our roving reporter family being kept busy with this from Adam Downton:
As Pippa is not feeling well today Adam took the role of reporter for her.
Interviewed today was Paul Hindley
How many parkruns have you done so far?
I have run 32, including today, in my Redway Runners T-shirt.
What do you like about parkrun?
The social atmosphere of everyone in parkrun. It's really good to talk to different people each week.
Favourite running weather?
Slight drizzle because it's nice and cool but not wet enough to slow me down.
Do you have a running hero?
David Morecroft - he was the first runner I saw that broke world records in his time.
Do you have any running goals?
To run 50 parkruns before I am 50 but I am RUNNING out of time. hahaha
(only 18 left to go though Paul)
(My favourite question to ask) What animal would you run parkrun as?
Probably an elephant because then I wouldn't have to worry about slower people in front of me. They would have to get out the way. Ha ha
Are you a parkrun tourist?
Yes - I have travelled to Aylesbury and done their one. It is my favourite tourist parkrun because it is nice and flat and also it's the only other parkrun I have done.
Thank you Paul - It was good to interview you
We now know that if you want to avoid a few hills then why not travel to Aylesbury for a nice flat run in a nice countryside park.
Great report, thanks Adam and get well soon Pippa!
Now for the weekly stats:
- Michael KAZER (SM25-29) (Unattached) was first over the line in 17:17 - first appearance.
- Adam BARLOW (VM35-39) (Unattached) was second over the line in 17:30.
- Alfred YABSLEY (JM15-17) of Marshall Milton Keynes AC, was third over the line in 17:37.
Current standing in the Men's annual points competition:
- William SHIPPIN (Redway Runners) 5673 pts.
- Andy SEALEY (Unattached) 5428 pts.
- Geoff BROAD (Unattached) 5370 pts.
- Maree Blossom JESSON (VW40-44) (Unattached) was first (12th overall) over the line in 19:32 - 88th time in 120 appearances.
- Lynn DAVIES (VW45-49) of Redway Runners, was second (19th overall) over the line in 20:10.
- Julie LOXLEY (VW50-54) of Redway Runners, was third (47th overall) over the line in 21:34 - has been first to finish on 23 previous occasions.
Current standing in the Women's annual points competition:
- Zoe BROAD (Unattached) 5525 pts.
- Lucy RICHARDS (Redway Runners) 5396 pts.
- Gillian SHEPPARD (Redway Runners) 4912 pts.
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
- Lynn DAVIES (VW45-49) was graded 82.15% for the time 20:10 (19th overall).
- Maree Blossom JESSON (VW40-44) was graded 79.95% for the time 19:32 (12th overall).
- Alfred YABSLEY (JM15-17) was graded 79.00% for the time 17:37 (third overall).
Milton Keynes parkrun started on 16th January 2010, and since then 9,697 different runners, including participants from 478 athletics clubs, have completed 84,383 runs covering a total distance of 421,915 km, and there have been 16,802 new Personal Bests.
The female record is held by Emily TALLEN who ran in a time of 00:17:04 on 2011-10-29 (event number 94).
The male record is held by Ian KIMPTON who ran in a time of 00:15:01 on 2013-07-27 (event number 182).
The Age Grade course record is held by Kirk CLIFFORD who recorded a 90.23% run (18:05) on 27th June 2015 (event number 279).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Milton Keynes parkrun Results Page.