This week there were 464 runners, of whom 54 were first timers and 65 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 31 different athletics clubs took part.
For those of you that don't know, Chris Edwards one of our original MK parkrun run directors is leaving us as he is moving away from Milton Keynes. His help over the last 5 1/2 years has been invaluable. Cheers Chris.
Congratulations to the following for reaching their T shirt milestones:
Adam DOWNING 10
Zoe BROAD 50
Check the link to your homepage in your results email which should allow you to order your T shirt from Wiggle.
Huge thanks to this week's volunteers
Anna PETRONIJEVICH • Anne BONSON • Ben MILLER • Ben MULLAN • Carol DOWNS • Deborah BOTTOMLEY • Debra ANDREWS • Dennis VERHOEVEN • Fiona SIEQUIEN • Gillian SHEPPARD • Harriett (Claire) HARMAN • Helen BLUCHER-ALTONA • Helen WIGGINS • Jackie BOND • Joel AMNER • Julie MARTIN • Lauren POLLOCK • Lisa MITCHINSON • Lola AMNER • Maree Blossom JESSON • Marie DAVIES • Nathan RUTHERFORD • Paul CURTIS • Paul MACLOSKEY • Paula REIDY • Peter LOOSE • Robert THORNE • Roger BLOFELD • Sarah BUCK • Simon AMNER • Simon Paul WOODS • Stephen SCOTT • Tim MACKLEY • William SHIPPIN
See our volunteer page for details on getting involved in making Milton Keynes parkrun happen.
We have an introduction now to one of our new run directors in the shape of Fiona Siequien. This is her story:
What got you into running/parkrun?
I started running in 2009 when I realised after changing jobs that I wasn't moving around as much and losing fitness. I started off the same as everyone else - a few minutes running, several minutes walking and gradually built it up. I only discovered parkrun in 2013 when I moved back to MK and joined MK Lakeside running club.
How many parkruns have you done and what do you enjoy about it?
I've run 29 so far. I love that it caters for everyone of all abilities, providing an accessible way to get moving more.
Why volunteer and is there a specific reason you wanted to help with run director?
I first volunteered to give back to the running community - without volunteers parkrun can't happen. I have got more involved because I find it really rewarding. It's great meeting new people, cheering all the runners on (especially those who are completing their first ever 5k), and there is a real sense of community spirit.
What will you bring to the event in terms of style/skills?
My style is friendly and approachable and through work I've gained experience in managing large teams of people and dealing with incidents as they arise - hopefully I can navigate Saturday mornings successfully and with a smile!
Cheers for that Fiona. Fiona’s first stint as run director is on the 29th August so please be kind to her!
Now for some stats:
- Oli LUM (SM18-19) of Marshall Milton Keynes AC, was first over the line in 18:04 - first time in 6 appearances.
- William SHIPPIN (SM25-29) of Redway Runners, was second over the line in 18:21 - has been first to finish on 3 previous occasions.
- Jamie FARMER (SM30-34) of Redway Runners, was third over the line in 18:32 - has been first to finish on 3 previous occasions.
Current standing in the Men's annual points competition:
- William SHIPPIN (Redway Runners) 5080 pts.
- Andy SEALEY (Unattached) 4902 pts.
- Geoff BROAD (Unattached) 4808 pts.
- Maree Blossom JESSON (VW40-44) (Unattached) was first (14th overall) over the line in 19:47 - 87th time in 118 appearances.
- Sarah LAMBERT (VW40-44) of Redway Runners, was second (29th overall) over the line in 20:49 - has been first to finish on 3 previous occasions.
- Jo AATKAR (VW45-49) of Ampthill & Flitwick Flyers RC, was third (44th overall) over the line in 21:44 - was first to finish once before.
Current standing in the Women's annual points competition:
- Zoe BROAD (Unattached) 4956 pts.
- Lucy RICHARDS (Redway Runners) 4816 pts.
- Gillian SHEPPARD (Redway Runners) 4542 pts.
The following runners recorded the best Age Grade scores:
- Maree Blossom JESSON (VW40-44) was graded 78.94% for the time 19:47 (14th overall).
- Caroline BEECHEY (VW55-59) was graded 77.30% for the time 23:25 (84th overall).
- Caroline GILBY (VW50-54) was graded 76.95% for the time 22:03 (53rd overall).
Milton Keynes parkrun started on 16th January 2010, and since then 9,568 different runners, including participants from 472 athletics clubs, have completed 82,980 runs covering a total distance of 414,900 km, and there have been 16,627 new Personal Bests.
The female record is held by Emily TALLEN who ran in a time of 00:17:04 on 2011-10-29 (event number 94).
The male record is held by Ian KIMPTON who ran in a time of 00:15:01 on 2013-07-27 (event number 182).
The Age Grade course record is held by Kirk CLIFFORD who recorded a 90.23% run (18:05) on 27th June 2015 (event number 279).
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Milton Keynes parkrun Results Page.