“It's something unpredictable, but in the end its right, I hope you had the time of your life”. A line from the Green Day, song “Good Riddance”
The one thing that has been ‘unpredictable’ in recent months is the weather, after last week’s cancellation, and one near miss over the last month, the weather didn’t disappoint on Saturday. I’m sure that everyone enjoyed the respite, as the sun shone in what were great running conditions. There were a few water jumps to negotiate (ironic it was also Grand National Day!), but nothing the 465 runners and walkers couldn’t handle.
I returned for only my second appearance at Peterborough of the year, and it was great to see some familiar faces.
Saturday’s parkrun was hosted by the Eye Community Running Club. Under the stewardship of Gary PARR who was the Run Director for the day.
A huge thank you to the 44 volunteers today, great effort!
Alison DUNPHY • Amanda WALLS • Andrew HUNNEYBALL • Carl GOLDER • David STUNELL • Diane CONSTABLE • Dianne BOOTH • Elaine MCMILLAN • Gary PARR • Gordon PEARSON • Hannah BARNARD • Harry WISHART • James CONSTABLE • James SELLS • Jasmine BARNARD • Joanna SELLS • Joshua CARTY • Julie DUFFY • Katie BRENNAND • Laura TRUSS • Laura WILKINSON • Laurence CARTY • Lorna YOUNG • Madison ROOKYARD • Martin SHELBOURNE • Mike WRIGHT • Natasha NEWITT • Nick PEARSON • Nigel CRONIN • Nigel WALLS • Pamela WREN • Paul WILKS • Peter BRANTOM • Peter JEFFERY • Peter RIDLEY • Rebecca WALKER • Rob SLEIGHT • Roy YOUNG • Sarah-Jane GILL • Simon LOVELL • Sue RIDLEY • Tanya RUDD • Tessa HAMMOND • Tracy ROOKYARD
It’s easy to get involved in the future, whether by the official website, join the Facebook volunteer’s page, via email or just ask!
Today we welcomed 28 of those just starting their parkrun journey. So good luck with your own personal goal.
Review of the results today:
• 465 runners including 28 who ran without a barcode #DFYBC
• 1st Male – Unknown runner with an unknown time! #DFYBC!
• 1st Female –Chloe FINLAY– 19.09 (9th place). Her 8th time as leading female.
• 1st Junior – James Michael ORRELL– 18.57 (7th place). Great effort.
• Highest aged grade – Morag O'BRIEN (VW65-69) 79.97% (144th place), closely followed by Archie
PARKINSON (JM15-17) 79.83% (2nd place).
• 58% Male and 42% Female.
• 87% Adults and 13% Juniors.
• 56 PB’s – 13% of the field. I can’t mention everyone, but notable mentions for S CLIFFORD, Gary FULTON, Philip RULE, Craig SELLS, Andrew GIBBONS, Bernadette FITZHARRIS, Ben SWEET, Hassan MOURTADA, Paul TREADWELL, Roz HARPER, George BARBER, Ben SMITH and Debbie MONTAGUE who have all ran over 30 parkruns.
• The average time was 29 mins 51 secs.
• Runners have an average 51 runs to their credit.
• 3 new members of the #50 Club – Georgia HILL, who joined us for the first time at Peterborough to celebrate her milestone with us; along with Jonathan MUMBY and Michael SLY, both regular Peterborough attendees. Well Done!
• 1 new member of the #100 club – Matthew WEBB from Bushfield joggers. Well Done!
• 1 new member of the #10 Junior club – Eddie JOHNSON who came from St Albans. Well Done!
• 42 First Timers. 28 for their very first inaugural parkrun and 14 first time tourists, from Bushy, Huntingdon, Kettering, Corby, Chippenham, Poole and a contingent from St Albans. Thanks for coming and we hope you come again!
• 10 runners returned for their difficult 2nd parkrun, recording 9 PB’s.
• Nicola CLEGG finished in 252nd place.
• No one ran their 252nd parkrun on our 252nd event.
• There were 28 Runners who are also members of the V25 Volunteers club.
• There were 2 250 Club members who participated. Jack Kennedy (who mostly runs at Bushy) with 348 to his name and Phil Pearsons (who mostly runs at Huntingdon) with 280 runs under his belt. Both have visited Peterborough previously.
• 100 Club members who participated were 74 (18% of the total).
• 50 Club members who participated were 86 (16% of the total).
• Today’s total runners of 465 was ranked 48th on the list of UK parkrun attendance.
Anyway I’m off on my travels again from next week; see you on my next planned visit in August!