What do you need to know for this parkrunday?
It's our 5th Anniversary! It's exactly the same as every other parkrunday, but with spot prizes, and even more cake than normal!! The only other change is we'll be starting a few minutes later than normal, as there are a few important thank yous to be made in the morning.
The Weather: If we're lucky, it'll be cloudy & 7°C, and minimal wind!! If we're unlucky there maybe some light rain - It's our Anniversary, surely we'll be lucky!
Volunteers: We've a full roster (thank you to everyone that's offered to help). If you are able to help out in future weeks please drop us an email (email@example.com) or come and find someone in hi-viz in the morning. You can find the roster for the next few weeks here
parkrun Milestones: It looks like we have 1 parkrunner potentially reaching a parkrun milestone, with Gillian Chapman just a run away from her 100th parkrun!
If you're not Gillian, then please let us know as we'd love to celebrate your achievement!
- If you're new to parkrun / Shorne Woods parkrun, firstly welcome, and secondly we have a new runners briefing at 8.55am
- Under 11's must be accompanied by an appropriate adult at all times.
- Dogs are allowed, but only one per runner, and they need to be kept on a short lead.
- DFYB! (don't forget your barcode!) no barcode, no result
- We can't scan barcodes on a mobile phone, and the above rule applies in this case
- Please give consideration to other runners & park users.
- Only once through the finish funnel, go all the way through to the end, stay in order & don't forget to pick up a finish token.
- If you're a trained first aider or medical professional why not grab one of our first aider armbands.
- Oh, and one more thing......enjoy!
And so to other news........
Other than at Shorne, where can you find us: As well as finding us at Shorne Woods Country park each Saturday @ 9am, you can find us on facebook, twitter, and on Instagram, as well as news & photos on here.
Milestone T-shirt update
For anyone waiting on their milestone tee / and for an update on what's happening with the milestone t-shirts in the future, please see the latest announcement (from 26th March 2018).
For those of you new to parkrun, there are different milestones that are recognised with a free (yes free!) t-shirt. For walk/jog/running your weekly 5km parkrun, your 10th (juniors only) 50th, 100th, 250th & 500th all receive a t-shirt, while for volunteering 25 times you also get a t-shirt. And just in case you're wondering, 17 people have run/walked or jogged over 500 parkruns, with the highest well over 600!
Look forward to seeing you on tomorrow for some parkrunanniversaryfun!