You may have heard that the London Marathon organisers are launching a brand new half marathon next March called The Big Half (https://www.thebighalf.co.uk). It'll be a busy, exciting London event with a route that follows much of London Marathon route, including the loop around Southwark Park.
As a local community group, we have been granted 3 community entry places for the race and as a gesture of gratitude have decide to award these to our regular volunteers. All Southwark parkrunners who have volunteered 3 times or more within the past 12 months will be eligible to enter our ballot and we will hold a live draw at our Christmas-themed run (our 'Tinsel Run' - more news on this to come) on Saturday 9th December to select the winners.
How it works:
- If you have volunteered at Southwark parkrun on 3 or more occasions between November 2016 and October 2017 then you are eligible to enter. We've counted 84 parkrunners who meet these criteria.
- Eligible parkrunners will NOT be entered into the ballot automatically. You MUST tell us if you would like a place.
- To enter just drop us an email at email@example.com. We will reply and confirm your ballot entry.
- If you aren’t sure whether you qualify, you could check how many times you received a pre-run reminder email or post-run thank you email. If in doubt drop us a line and we’ll happily check our records.
- If you already have a place for the Big Half then please do not enter the ballot – you can’t run it twice!
- If you enter the ballot and later change your mind (or receive a place elsewhere) please let us know so we can withdraw your entry.
- The deadline for entering the ballot is Friday 1st December with the live draw occuring at parkrun the following week (9th December).
We're hoping for lots of ballot entries so that our live draw on 9th December is extra exciting!
Best of luck
We are grateful to London Square for their offer to subsidise our race entries.