The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is in Telford Town Park, Telford. The course is run on a mixture of tarmac paths and trail paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Telford parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- While rare, Lyme Disease is present in areas where deer live, and occasionally passed to human’s through infected ticks. See NHS Choices website for more about Lyme Disease, and how to deal with ticks.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Telford parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
The course begins near the Visitor Centre, heading down the hill and past the Arena. You will then be directed around one small lap and one large lap of Randlay Pool. The finish is a left turn back up the hill in the arena. The course is fairly flat, fast and firm under foot, consisting of mainly tarmac surfaces but with wide natural footpaths in places. The park itself is beautiful and is sure to impress anyone visiting us for the first time.
We do have access to a free car park off Queen Elizabeth
The postcode for Randlay Valley is TF3 2DW.
Access is off Queen Elizabeth Avenue and is one-way to the car park from the
Eastern Primary A442 (you can only turn left into the car park).
The map reference is 52o 40'10.7"N 2o25'58.2"W 52.669631, -2.432820.
Access to the Town Park is in the far right hand corner of the car park
and should be signposted. Please note there are a small number of steps
so this would be unsuitable for wheelchairs/pushchairs. You will follow
a short pathway, under a short subway, and enter the park on the course.
Follow the path to the right, up past Wonderland (this is part of the
course). The Visitor Centre/Start is at the top of the hill by the small
Outdoors Centre. This parking is free and not time limited.
The closest long stay (3+ hours) car parks are Dark
Lane (TF4 3NZ), Brown Elm and Cherry Pink Multi-Storey. Short stay (3
hours or less) car parks include Yellow Beech car park, Red Oak car park
and Ash Grey car park. Car park charges apply.
The Rugby Club on Dark Lane also allow parking and a £1 charge applies.
Location of start
The run starts near the Visitor Centre.
Getting there by public transport
Bus: The Park is a 10 minute walk from Telford Bus Station. Exit the Bus Station and cross over the Traffic lights heading towards Southwater Way, take a left onto Southwater Way and continue along this road until you reach the northern end of the park and Visitor Centre.
Train: The Park is a 5 minute taxi drive away from Telford Centre Station and around 20-30 minute walk through Telford Shopping Centre.
If walking from the train station, head onto the footbridge over Rampart Way Road onto Ironmasters Way. Follow directions for Telford Shopping Centre. Once in the Shopping Centre head towards Greggs and exit the building onto Southwater Square. The Park is straight ahead and signposted from this point.
Transport Links and more information to assist you, can be found here: http://www.telfordtownpark.co.uk/site/custom_scripts/maps/transport.html
Getting there on foot
Telford Town Park is very well signposted and approachable from many directions. Once in Telford Town Centre follow signs to Town Park & Wonderland and arrive at the Northern tip of the Park, where you will find the Visitor Centre.
National Cycle Route 55, runs from North to South, directly through Town Park.
Getting there by road
Telford Town Park is conveniently located just off Junction 5 of the M54. There are a number of car parking areas available for visitor parking, most of them signposted as Telford Shopping Centre car parks.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in Telford Town Park Visitor Centre café - please come and join us!