That was a bit chilly
Tring Park, 9am, December 15th - it definitely felt like winter. 168 brave souls (our lowest turnout since March!)faced off to the elements supported by our well wrapped team of helpers who made the morning happen.
So a special thanks to Richard and Robert ALCOCK, Andrew BOOTH, Pauline BROWN, Alyssa CLARK, Jacob CLARK, Eloise CLARK, Andrew CLARK, Annemarie DE BOOM, Ken DOUGLAS, Samuel FRYER, Edward HOPPER, Nika JACKSON-MOORE, Frances LEFF, Isobel MONKS, Richard MURPHY, Clare MURPHY, Thomas PAGE, Stuart PAGE, Helen PAGE, Ciara POWELL, Andrew POWELL, Matty SINFIELD, and Oliver WEST.
A quick whizz through some notable facts and stuff
As usual, beyond the obvious results (which you can see in full here) there was a lot going on "behind the scenes":
- We had just one new parkrunner join us this week - Ben Young. We hope you enjoyed it ben and that we see you again soon.
- We had our first 2 sub-20 minute runners on our new Winter course, by local running legend Tom Sawyer.
We celebrated quite a few milestones:
- “Emily Harris earned her "Junior 10” milestone. Well done.
- Congratulations on reaching the “50 milestone” to Paul Crudge and Shelley Deverall-Roberts.
- Adman Swan reached the lofty heights of 100 parkruns“.
- Stuart Page earned his purple volunteers T-shirt, having volunteered for the 25th volunteer. Stuart also put his hand up to join the dedicated team of Run Directors and will have his first stint next week.
PBs and not-PBs
- 2 PBs in 2 weeks for Marcus Littler, Rob and Eddy Haddock, Emma and Katie Young and Greg Leff
- In addition, Richard Caseley has recorded 4PBs in his last 4 appearances
- Emma Young is leading the way with the most PBs in year 5 – she has already recorded 6 – which isn’t bad given that we are only in week 7 and we are in muddy season!
- It was a good day for the Young family. Of the runners who have run at least 5 times, the biggest improvers were Peter Young (1:33), Emma Young (1:31), Katie Young (1:20), Peter Ambrose (1:13), Greg Leff (1:05)
- Also a mention to Sarah Foskett, James Foskett and Noah Roger who are all still managing to get PBs after 83, 110 and 141 Tring parkruns respectively
And last, and certainly not least, a few gems from Andy Evan's magical "stat-o-matic" machine:
- After 7 weeks we still have 17 (including 4 juniors) members of our Year 5 100% club left
- Carole Page became the 129th person to run 50 times at Tring
- 50th time we have seen the surname Harris
- Young was the most seen name this week and indeed is in Joint 2nd after 7 weeks for our Year 5
- 100th time we have seen the name Elaine
Many thanks to everyone - see you at Christmas!
The Tring team