The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is in Upton Court Park, Upton Court Road, Slough and run on grass, gravel paths and tarmac. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Upton Court parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Upton Court parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
View Upton Court parkrun in a larger map
The course at Upton Court parkrun is two laps. Starting off on the grass by the car park follow the wild flower beds on the right to the end of the field. Keeping within the park turn left and follow the hedgerow/fence up to the park road. Turn left on the tarmac to head south down to a right turn onto the field behind the School (orange line). Go to the edge of the field then turn left and left back to the road where the 2km marker is. Turn right taking care to go through the gap in the barrier and with a left turn along the cycle path. Run to the end and back to the start line to commence 2nd lap. Repeat the route omitting the field behind the School and following the red line straight on
Location of start
The run starts beside The Rugby Club - Slough RFC, Upton Court Park, Upton Court Road, Slough. Please use the large public car park at SL3 7LU it's free and a short jog from the small car park at the rugby club which can soon get full.
Getting there by public transportFrom Slough bus station
, bus numbers 76
take you along the A4. Get off the bus at the junction of Wellington Street/A4, cross the road and head towards Upton Court Road.
Getting there on foot
The park is situated on Upton Court Road, Langley, Slough. Access to the park is from Upton Court Road
Getting there by road
From M4 (Junction 5) A4: Upton Court Park is approx 1000 Meters away from the M4, on Upton Court Road, Slough.
- The main car park on Upton Court Road can be used FREE of charge.
- Parking is also available outside the Rugby Club, which is off Upton Court Road. From the A4 past Castleview Road take the first vehicle entrance into the park and follow the road all the way to the end. You will see the car park ahead of you and the rugby club on your left.
Post Run Coffee
Each week we go for post-parkrun refreshments at The Rugby Club - please join us!