The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is in Lodmoor Country Park, Weymouth. The course is run on a mixture of tar paths and gravel paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Weymouth parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Weymouth parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
View Weymouth parkrun in a larger map
Running through the grounds of Lodmoor Country Park, mainly gravel track and some grass and paved areas.
The course begins with a 200 metre run on to one and a half laps anti clock-wise around the miniature train track and 9-hole golf course. Then runners head north along the walk/cycle tarmac track around the rugby ground and training pitch towards Weymouth Park and Ride area. Loop around the Round Table 'pineapple' monument and back along the same route to the Lodmoor Park. Tuning left to do a clock-wise circuit around the golf and train areas then onto the 200m finish straight.
Runners need to use toilets either at the college or at the main car park.
There are facilities at the college sports centre which include vending machines, toilets and showers depending on availability.
Location of start
The run starts in Lodmoor car park, near the go-carts. Head away from the sea to the right hand corner and you'll find us there. Look out for the First Timers Brief sign. The first timers briefing starts at 08.45.
Getting there by public transport
From Weymouth town centre/Train station, take bus No 2 or 10 to Weymouth College and walk through the college grounds to Weymouth College gym
Frequent local bus service to Overcombe Corner, Lodmoor Country Park, 1 mile (1.6 km) from Weymouth seafront (Kings statue).
Getting there on foot
It's a ten minute walk from Weymouth Seafront, East along the Esplanade and through Greenhill Gardens towards Lodmoor Country Park.
Head towards Weymouth College Gym, the start is 300 meters away through Lodmoor Car park towards the nine-hole golf course.
From Weymouth Park and Ride follow the cycle track to the start and college.
Getting there by road
From Dorchester, travel on the A354 towards Weymouth until you get to Weymouth Park and Ride roundabout. Follow the Weymouth relief road A354 (Right) until you get to the next roundabout (near Morrisons Supermarket). Take the first turning B3159 (Dorchester Road) and then the 7th turning on the left (Fernhill Avenue). Left at mini roundabout into the College Car Park.
From Weymouth Town centre travel North on the A354 until you get to the Morrisons Roundabout, then the 3rd exit (Dorchester road) and follow as above.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at either The Lodmoor or Hamiltons depending on the season, ask the RD for details - please come and join us!