Please do not attend parkrun if you display any COVID-19 symptoms
The course is 5000m (5k) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is at Babbs Mill Local Nature Reserve, Kingshurst. The course is run on a mixture of tarmac paths and grass, paths can be narrow at certain points. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Babbs Mill parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us.
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take care of others around you and do your best to start at an appropriate place in the field for your pace. SAFETYMESSAGE
We hope these tips help to ensure that Babbs Mill parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThe course starts on a tarmac path along the River Cole. After passing a playground on the right, turn left and cross over the bridge and then turn right. Continue along the path until you come across the open field on the left. Complete a circuit of the field and re-join the path going clockwise around the lake. Cross the car park and then follow the path back to the bridge. Cross the bridge and complete a 2nd identical lap. Next time upon reaching the bridge, continue straight on the path back to the finish line.
Please note: this parkrun may not be suitable for pushchairs due to the narrow and uneven surfaces. Please either visit the park or contact the event team who will be happy to discuss the course with you so you can make your own assessment.
There is a café in the KEC church on Cooks Lane, opposite the park entrance. This is open between 9:30am - 11:00am.
Car parking is at Tudor Grange Academy Kingshurst, Cooks Lane, Kingshurst, Solihull, B37 6NU.
Location of startThe event starts at Babbs Milll Local Nature Reserve.
Getting there by public transport
Bus: Bus route 72 from Solihull - arrives at Chelmsley Wood and it is then a 20 minute walk (1.2 miles) to the start. Bus routes 55 and 97 from Birmingham and route 71 from Sutton Coldfield both stop close the Babb Mill Park. Timetables, routes and fares for these and other buses can be found at the National Express website.
Train: The nearest train stations are Lea Hall or Marston Green. Both are just over a 40 minute walk (2 miles away). Timetables, routes and fares for these and other buses can be found at the West Midlands Railway website.
Getting there on footN/A
Getting there by roadFrom M42, take junction 6 onto A45 towards Coventry. Take the first exit. At the island, take first exit onto A452. Continue on the A452 until the 4th island, where you take a left turn. Continue on this road across 2 islands. Parking is at Tudor Grange Academy Kingshurst, 300m on the left.
From M6, take junction 4 onto A446 towards Coventry. Take the first exit. At the island, take 4th exit onto A452. Continue on the A452 until the 3rd island, where you take a left turn. Continue on this road across 2 islands. Parking is at Tudor Grange Academy Kingshurst, 300m on the left.
From the car park, turn right onto the main road. Walk 300m to arrive at Babbs Mill Park entrance.