After the horrendous weather on event 48, this week we had perfect autumn running weather. As always, the course conditions were great. A big shout out to Keith Astle for the on-going course maintenance. Keith is out every week volunteering - trimming nettles back, cleaning paths so they are at the maximum width and this week he cut back a fallen down tree. We all appreciate the work you do Keith – thank you.
This week 113 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 18 were first timers and 26 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 18 different clubs took part.
Senthil Sivasubramanian achieved his 50th parkrun and now eligible for his red parkrun milestone T-shirt. Babbs Mill will also achieve this milestone this coming Saturday and to celebrate, we are asking everyone to wear red clothes.
We are now actively planning for Christmas Day and/or New Years Day parkrun events. We can only hold these events if we have enough volunteers. At the moment, we are a long way off having the required number of volunteers. If you would like to volunteer for one or both of these events, please drop us an email at email@example.com. We will make a final decision early December.
parkrun in numbers:
- Event 49 and in 49th place is John Bradley. John is one of our core volunteers and will be Run Director at next Saturday’s event. John achieved an age grade of 61.9%
- In 61st place is Angela McKay from Massey Ferguson RC and ran her 332nd parkrun. Angela’s age grade was 77.11%
- In 77th place was Lesley Vann who completed her 2nd parkrun (always a good sign when you return after your first one!). Lesley was the 27th female to complete the course
- In 27th place was Nicola Bowman from Badger running club. This is her 112th parkrun
- In 112th place was Rob Cooke who was this week’s tail walker along with his wife Lucy and son Henry. Unfortunately, Henry is not old enough to gain a volunteer credit but is lucky enough to be pushed around the course in a buggy
The event was made possible by 19 volunteers:
Rob COOKE • Peter THOMAS • Chris BROCKBANK • Lucy-Hyewon COOKE • John MINIHAN • Jack JOHNSON • Michael PRICE • Simon MOSS • Phil WOOD • Lucy WOOD • Alexander WOOD • Keir HARDY • Keith ASTLE • Sophie JOHNSON • Wendy TEAGUE • Jacob BURTON • Wendy BRADLEY • Eileen HATFIELD • Charlotte COURT
See you all on Saturday and remember to wear something red.