What is Barnsley parkrun?
A free, fun, and friendly weekly 5k community event. Walk, jog, run, volunteer or spectate – it's up to you!
When is it?
Every Saturday at 9:00am.
Where is it?
The event takes place at Locke Park, Barnsley. See Course page for more details.
What does it cost to join in?
Nothing - it's free! but please register before you first come along. Only ever register with parkrun once and don't forget to bring a scannable copy of your barcode (request a reminder). If you forget it, you won't get a time.
How fast do I have to be?
We all take part for our own enjoyment. Please come along and join in whatever your pace!
Barnsley parkrun needs you!
It is entirely organised by volunteers - email firstname.lastname@example.org to help.
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at Locke Park Cafe, right on the finish line - please come and join us.
Thanks to this week's volunteers
- Alan RADLEY
- Alan WOOFFINDIN
- Anthony KILBURN
- Claire ROBINSON
- Corrin HARRIS
- David WILSON
- Deborah WILSON
- Geoff HAYES
- Helen ANDREWS
- Jane BAKER
- John MOSS
- Josh CLOUGH
- Julie HARRISON
- Julie RIDING
- Malvern KING
- Michael SLACK
- Mick BOOKER
- Patrick NEEDHAM
- Paul HELLEWELL
- Paula MILLS
- Rachael RODDIS
- Samantha CLELAND
- Stu SMITH
- Tim WEBSTER
- Vicky SHAW
See our volunteer page for information on how you can get involved.
Barnsley parkrun takes place every Saturday at 9:00am.
Other parkruns nearbyPenistone (6.3m), Nostell (8.5m), Concord (8.5m), Frickley Country (8.6m), Wakefield Thornes (8.9m), Hillsborough (9.4m), Rotherham (9.8m), Dewsbury (11.9m), Endcliffe (12.2m), Sheffield Castle (12.4m)
- We operate a No barcode, No result policy, so please bring a scannable barcode with you.
- If you need to reprint your barcode, please see your registration email, previous results or ‘thanks for volunteering’ email or you can request a reminder email.
- Coming along for the first time? Please make sure you have registered and also read the course description.
- Did you take part this week? Check out the results page and news page which includes event reports - we normally update these a day or two after the event.
- Not received your results email? It may be in your spam folder. We've a few tips on our support site to help you.
- You look great! Have a look at the event photos.
- Want to know more? Read about us and the event.
- Our links page connects you to local and national running resources.
- This event is organised and delivered every week by volunteers; if you want to join us, find out more on our volunteering page.
- Summary event statistics are at the bottom of every page.
- Any other questions? Read our dedicated support site.