Hello everybody. Did you see the kids in high vis on Sunday?
I managed to grab them after park run to get a group run report / interview and here is it.
Who are you all and how do you know each other?
Sebastian, Cheyanne, Sophie, George and Loren and we are all friends
Our grown ups help at parkrun and we have met each other by also helping.
What was good / Bad about todays Run?
- Everybody was so supportive.
- It was fit
- The weather was bad and it was quite chilly
- I (Loren) loved the sprint finish
- There were no first timers for the briefing ☹
- There were a lot of wrist bands to give out
- There was a nice lot of children (we can have more though)
How have you all helped this morning at Park run?
- We all helped with the pre-course set up. This includes putting the cones out, putting the signs up, getting the tokens out and just being helpful to get everything ready
- Giving out the wrist bands
- First timers briefing (but there wasn’t anybody to talk to)
- We were speaking to everyone to get the monsters name
Have you all helped before?
Why do you help?
- To be helpful
- Its good fun
- I like seeing other people and helping then and I enjoy it
- Because I don’t think the adults can manage it in the time without our help
- To get my purple volunteer T-Shirt
What is the best volunteer role you have done?
- Helping with the warm up
- First timers briefing
- Cheerleader at the end for the other children coming in (and stealing the megaphone to do this)
- Naming the Monster (this is a new role and not in other park runs and not an official park run volunteer role)
What would you say to people (runners or grown ups) about volunteering?
- Get your butts to volunteer!!!
- Get your parents to volunteer then they don’t slow you down running with you
- I’m 8, its fun, do it!
What would you say to a person who has never been to park run before
- It’s fun, everyone is very supporting
- Keep running and when you do enough you get a wrist band
Tell us about the monster?
- I (Sebastian) designed it
- It’s cute
- It has a pom pom nose
- It’s fun
- It’s nice
- Cheyanne ran with it
Please can you help us find a name for it as we don’t know what it is yet. (have a look on facebook as we have a poll for the name)
Anything else you would like to say?
- Who will run with the monster next week?