Due to the excessive rain on the fields over the past couple of days, the Core Team has assessed the terrain and deemed it sensible to move to the Winter route from Saturday 6th November 2021. Please meet in the field on arrival and we will walk you to the start / RD briefing as soon as we near 9am.
Join us to celebrate International Women's Day on 7th March at Bicester parkrun, supported by This Girl Can.
PARKING - 1st Feb 2020:
Thank you to everyone for following the instructions from the three Car Park Marshals today. We managed to get parked safely and without disruption to the local community.
THINGS I NOTICED:
LOTS of parkrunner cars only had one person in them - is it possible (as an example) the Bure park parkrunners meet at Bure park shops car park, then car share over to LV? Or groups of friends who could do this from one of your houses?
Thank you for parking carefully within parking bays and utilising all the spaces and also for not parking near to any road corners or roundabouts.
I will add FOUR Car Park Marshals for February at the following points:
1. LV School - to direct into the school car park, then direct the overflow to the Nightingale pub.
2. Corner of the Nightingale pub / shops - directing cars into Nightingale Place.
3. In front of the Medical Centre - directing cars to the Nightingale car park, then the shops car park.
4. Peregrine Way - ensuring cars do not park too near any corners / roads / turnings / roundabouts.
* CAR PARK MARSHALS NEED TO BE OVER 18s PLEASE.
* SOME CAR PARK MARSHALS MAY NEED TO STAY UNTIL 9.05AM TO ENSURE ANY STRAGGLERS DON'T ABANDON THEIR CARS INNAPROPRIATELY, SO COULD DOUBLE UP AS BARCODE SCANNERS.
New parking instructions WEF 1st Feb 2020:
1. Please aim to arrive to parkrun on foot or bicycle (especially if you live in Langford Village).
2. Park in Langford Village School, Peregrine Way, OX26 6SX (fully utilising ALL the spaces).
3. Park in The Nightingale Pub car park (next to the shops), fully utilising all the 25 spaces.
4. Park at Claremont pay & display behind Wilko - you can have a warm up jog to the start.
In all cases, please ensure that you aim to car-share, park legally and respectfully to the local residents. Peregrine Way gets very busy so please try to avoid parking in any way that may impede traffic flow.
Dear Bicester parkrunners,
Although there is some improvement in the flooding in the park, I do not feel it is sufficient to host parkrun tomorrow (28th December), especially with approx. 250+ parkrunners and potentially more, considering other local parkruns that have also been cancelled. Therefore I have cancelled this Saturday's parkrun.
The weather is looking to improve significantly over the next six or seven days so I feel confident that the course conditions will improve further prior to New Year's Day's 9am parkrun, particularly as this is likely to attract 350+ parkrunners (we had 388 last New Year) and I need to prioritise the preservation of the parkland so that we do not have a detrimental effect on the environment.
Thank you for your understanding and continuing support. If you feel like attending an alternative parkrun this week, please check their website to ensure their event is going ahead.
I'm sorry to say that Christmas Day parkrun is cancelled due to the ongoing flooding in the park. I have completed a course check this morning and I feel there are potentially dangerous points on the course for the number of runners we expect (last year there were 258 runners).
Thank you so much to all the volunteers for putting themselves forward so that others could run. I really do appreciate your commitment.
Best wishes, and I hope the rain stops soon!