I am delighted to announce that PruHealth (one of the largest private health insurance providers in the UK) has agreed to be a sponsor of parkrun. PruHealth is synonymous with innovation. It offers the Vitality wellness programme to all of its members, that has been proven to improve people’s health.
PruHealth recognises that getting healthy takes time and effort. It also recognises that the healthier you are the less likely you are to get sick and need medical care.
PruHealth has worked with doctors, scientists and academics to create Vitality, a programme that helps people live a healthier lifestyle. Vitality firstly helps you to understand your health and how you can personally improve it. Secondly, Vitality makes it easier and cheaper for you to do healthy activities, for example you can get 50% off trainers, gym memberships, or even a bicycle. Thirdly, Vitality rewards you when you make healthy changes to your lifestyle. The more healthy activities your do, whether that is going for a run, buying healthy food, or doing a health screen, the greater the discounts you receive on things like mobile phones, cinema tickets and holidays. Change is hard, and Vitality helps you every step of the way.
Vitality is core to the member's health insurance cover, and fully integrated with their health insurance. Just by showing that you are a non-smoker means you can get a discount on your insurance premium in the form of cash back of up to 15% of your annual policy. PruHealth is groundbreaking in being the only health insurer to reward non-smokers with cash back payments and help incentivise smokers to quit with such a strong financial incentive.
By partnering with parkrun, PruHealth extends all these great benefits to every parkrunner and volunteer who is also a member of the Vitality programme. If you are a member of the PruHealth Vitality programme and a parkrunner then you should record your Vitality Entity Number by visiting your parkrun profile via the link in your email. If you are a Vitality member and you take part in a parkrun then you will automatically earn Vitality points and get discounts on reward partners and save money. The parkrun PruHealth sponsorship programme starts in January 2013 and members can start collecting points at that time.
I hope you will all join me in welcoming PruHealth to the parkrun family.
|Siobhan Griffiths||Paul Sinton-Hewitt|
|Head of PR||CEO|
|Tel: +44 207 133 8726||Tel +44 7785 393054|
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- PruHealth was launched into the UK market in October 2004 as a joint venture between Discovery and UK insurer, Prudential, in response to a growing need for consumer-directed private medical insurance products.
- PruHealth has received several industry awards, including the Most Innovative New Product, Health Insurance Awards 2011, Most Trusted PMI Provider at the 2010 Moneywise Awards, the Best PMI Provider at the 2009 Moneyfacts Awards, Best use of Marketing to Intermediaries (Brokers) at the 2011 Health Insurance awards and the award for the Best Individual PMI provider at the 2010 Health Insurance Awards and 2010 Cover Excellence awards.
- The Vitality programme is PruHealth’s proven wellness programme that allows all members to get and stay healthy through a range of tools and discounts. What's even better is that the more you take part in Vitality, the more we'll reward you for it.
- parkrun organise free, weekly, 5km timed runs all around the world. They are open to everyone and are safe and easy to take part in. The events take place in pleasant parkland surroundings and include runners of all abilities, from those taking their first steps in running to Olympians, from juniors to those with more experience. Everybody is welcome.
- With parkruns all around the country and new runs starting on a regular basis make sure you check out the parkrun website www.parkrun.org.uk and find your local event. Once registered, you can attend any of our events across the world without telling us first.
The information contained in Prudential UK's press releases is intended solely for journalists and should not be used by consumers to make financial decisions. Full consumer product information can be found at www.pruhealth.co.uk