As we've been well and truly hit by winter weather this week, we wanted to give you notice of our process when we have a forecast that may cause us to cancel the event. Ice being the most significant issue.
The safety of both runners and volunteers is our primary concern and all decisions will be taken accordingly.
We will take notice of the forecast and updates from Leverhulme locals on a Friday and will have volunteers checking the course by 8am on Saturday so we can make a decision as quickly as possible.
We aim to notify you of a cancellation as early as we can to prevent unnecessary journeys, but depending on the situation we may have to cancel close to the start time if conditions deteriorate.
We will have a volunteer in person to advise anyone who hasn't seen other messages and would appreciate your help in sharing information particularly if you know someone who doesn't use social media.
If a cancellation is declared it is parkrun's policy NOT to reverse that situation even if the weather conditions improve, this is to ensure there is no confusion during the process.
Please note, for safety reasons and to support with any tweaks we make to the course we may also need additional marshals on the day and would appreciate your flexibility (bring your big coat, hat and gloves in case we need you).
As ever, we ask for your patience and support and if you are in a position to support with course checks or as an extra marshal on the day please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org