I have been down to the park and although there are still some icy patches I have decided to go ahead. It's currently 6 degrees c and forecast to remain at approx 6 overnight. Based on the speed of the thaw and the temperature forecast I feel it's safe to go ahead as long as runners are sensible.
Runners take note...
1) Please wear running shoes with a decent grip
2) Ensure you wear weather appropriate clothes and ideally something warm to put on immediately afterwards
3) I wouldn't be aiming to break any records tomorrow, you'll need to watch where you tread so take it steady
4) The park cafe has now closed so feel free to bring a flask and a snack for afterwards
5) DON'T FORGET YOUR BARCODE!
I could still do with a couple of well wrapped up volunteers, ring or text me on 07801 552182 if you can assist