The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is in Wellholme Park, Brighouse. The course is run on a mixture of grass and trail paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Brighouse parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Brighouse parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
Brighouse parkrun is a flat, 3 lap course run on grass and trail paths. The start is by the formal walled gardens in the grassed area off Bradford Road. From here the course heads right towards the play park where runners are directed left, then following the line of trees round to the right to the corner by the rugby goal. Continue round the back of the rugby goal until the wide bridge over the beck and into the playing field. Turn right and follow the winding beck past the picnic area to the bottom corner of the field by the cottages. Turn left and follow the path alongside the woodland until you reach the other end of the field. Continue round to the right and follow the flags alongside the wildflower and tree lined beck until you arrive back at the wide bridge. Cross back over into the first field and head right alongside the bowling greens until you’re directed back round to the start. Continue as above for a second and third lap. When you until you return back to the bridge after the third lap run over the wide bridge and straight ahead to the finish.
Wellholme Park has a café, bowling greens, a skate park and a childrens play area. Car parking and toilets are available at Tesco which is next to the park, additional on street parking is on Bradford Road.
Location of startThe run starts by the formal walled gardens in the grassed area off Bradford Road.
Getting there by public transportThe 363, X6 and X63 bus service all go from Bradford and Huddersfield via Bradford Road.
Getting there on footWellholme Park is a short walk from Brighouse bus station. Come out of the bus station and turn left onto Ludenscheid Link and follow this to the roundabout by Tesco, turn left onto Bradford Road and follow this for approximately 150 yards. Wellholme Park is on the right.
From Brighouse train station follow the A641 Huddersfield Road to the right and continue until you reach Sainsburys. Follow the road round to Tesco at the next roundabout. Either enter the park from Tesco car park or continue up Bradford Road, Wellholme Park is approximately 150 yards on your right.
Getting there by roadIf using SATNAV, the nearest postcode is HD6 4AF
From town/city centre:
From the M62 motorway leave junction 25 and take the A644 and follow this directly to Brighouse. Look out for Tesco at the roundabout where parking is available or take the A641 Bradford Road. Wellholme Park is approximately 150 yards on your right.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in a local café - please come and join us!