The course is at Caledonian Park, London. The course is 2000m (2K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. The course is run on a mixture of tarmac paths and gravel paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Marshals will be located along the course.
The course will be marshalled so that juniors will be in sight of a marshal at all times.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. Please give way to other park users. This won't slow you down and will help ensure the overall success of the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
junior parkrun rules and guidelines
Caledonian junior parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. To make the event as safe as possible, participants, spectators and volunteers are asked to take note of the following rules and guidelines:
- Whilst parkrun fully accepts its duty of care and will do everything it can to minimise risk of injury and harm to all participants whilst at parkrun events, it is parent/guardians who ultimately have responsibility for the welfare of their children.
- It is not mandatory for a parent/guardian to participate in junior parkruns, but children under the age of 11 must be accompanied to/from the event by a responsible adult, and the responsible adult must remain in attendance for the duration of the event.
- junior events are open and inclusive. Disabled people may participate wherever it is safe for them to do so. The event team can provide disabled participants with course information in order that the participant (or their parent/guardian) can make an informed decision about their safe participation.
- Whilst more competitive children can use junior parkruns to test themselves against their own time, and against others, participation should ultimately be for fun, and we urge all parents/guardians/volunteers not to put children under undue pressure to perform.
- junior parkruns are running, jogging and walking events, and the use of children’s scooters, balance bikes, trikes or cycles is prohibited.
- Slower runners are encouraged to seed themselves, by starting towards the back of the group especially if an adult is accompanying them.
- junior parkruns are timed events. Only those aged between 4 to 14 years old completing the course themselves will be given a result.
- Exceptions to this rule are subject to the discretion of the Event and/or Run Director. Examples include those over 14 with special educational needs (SEN) or those with a registered disability, for whom social interaction and physical activity may be difficult but important.
- A strict ‘no barcode no result’ policy will be enforced.
- Buggies are allowed, subject to course conditions, but only if the adult pushing the buggy is accompanying a junior parkrunner. Adults with buggies are urged to position themselves appropriately for the safety and enjoyment of all.
- Dogs or other pets are not allowed to take part in junior parkruns.
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces – whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Spectators should keep clear of participants on the course and keep control of any children and dogs.
- Participants should take care near roads and car parks, congregate away from the cars and be careful if driving to/from the event.
- Photography or filming is likely to take place at junior parkrun events. Please see our photos page for more details.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
Please consider helping the event by volunteering - this event survives only because of your generosity. Please visit the volunteer page for more information.
Course DescriptionThe course is 2.5 laps on gravel/tarmac around the perimeter of Caledonian Park and out and back down New Clocktower Place. The start in the southwest corner of the park next to the basketball court and we finish under the clocktower.
FacilitiesThe park has a children’s play area, as well as public toilets which will be open for junior parkrun.
Location of startThe event starts in the southwest corner of the park next to the basketball court.
Getting there by public transport
Bus: The park is within 2-5 min walk from bus stops:
- 274 Market Road;
- 390 York Way;
- 393 North Road.
Overground: Caledonian Road and Barnsbury is a 15 min walk from the park.
Tube: Caledonian Road (Piccadilly Line) is 5-8 min walk from the park.
Getting there on footCaledonian Park is between Market Road to the south and North Road to the north.
Getting there by roadThe address for Caledonian Park is Market Road, N7 9PL.
Both North Road and Market Road are easily reached from York Way to the west or Caledonian Road to the east.
Parking is available on both Market Road and North Road.