Another warm summer (sweaty!) parkrun this week – as always, a wonderful way to kick off the weekend. We welcomed 499 runners and walkers and a whopping 90 of them set new PBs! A quick scan of the results highlighted some particularly notable performances:
- Congratulations to first female finisher Becky Hair who ran 18.31 for a new PB.
- Christian Lee ran his 50 th parkrun and in doing so managed to set a new PB of 20.02 (tantalisingly close to sub-20… maybe next pacing week Christian?!)
- Regular VC and member of the core volunteer team Catriona Cole took 20 seconds off her previous best to run 23.47
- Janay Fehr had a week off pushing her double running buggy and the resistance training has clearly paid off as she ran a storming 26.41, her first time under 27 minutes.
- Caroline McGonigal gets a mention for being my mum and running a new PB of 27.08!
We welcomed five new entrants into the 50 club – well done to Andrew Butcher, Christian Lee, Stephen Stretton, T Barber and Joanna Harbour as well as junior Lucius Vellacott who ran his 10th run (also with a new PB).
23 people ran their first ever Cambridge parkrun this week; at the other end of the scale, our most prolific parkrunner was Kristy Guneratne representing St Radegund RC on her 425th run.
As I’m sure many of you will know, our hosts Milton Country Park are a charity and the car parking money goes to directly to the park. If you’d like to show your support for the park in another way then do consider voting for them in the Fields in Trust awards www.fieldsintrust.org/best-park I spotted some other parkrun venues on the list too, so also worth looking at if you’re thinking of some parkrun tourism.
Thank you to all the volunteers this week, including our lovely pacing team who I am sure helped with the many PBs that were set.
Paul BELZAR, Steve BUCHAN, Andrew BURGE, Neil BURNS, Adam CARE, Emily CHANNON, Lisa CLATWORTHY, Gary COLE, Catriona COLE, Sophie DARLING, Julia DARLING, Nicola EDE, Karoly ERDOS, Thomas GEORGE, Eleanor Evelyn HALFPENNY, Antony HELLIWELL, Rob HEWLETT, Nicki HIGGINS, Dom HILL, Mike HORSCROFT, Charles HOWARD, Marisa JOHNSON, Mick JOHNSON, Michaela JOYSEY, Carola KANZ, Stefan KAYE, Eleanor LIMB, Tom LINDFIELD, Jo MCGOWAN, Geoff
MEADS, Ricky MITCHELL, Mary MITCHELL, Richard MOORE, Valerie MORGAN, Jenny PAYNE, Stuart PAYNE, Louisa PHILLIPS, James STOCKER, Brent SWANN-AUGER, Anna TUKE, Katie TWEEN, Tom WOMACK, Ben WOMACK, Mark YEATES and Caroline ZAKRZEWSKI.
Pacing week will be back on the first Saturday in August so let us know nearer the time if you fancy having a go.
Until next parkrunday,