We are now getting into that ‘parkrunday’ routine; on our 192nd event, we had 192 participants who all enjoyed the day.
There were 25 first timers to Canons Park parkrun, some of whom tried parkrun for the first time. We hope to see you all again.
It was a good day for PBs too; 32 participants achieved their Personal bests.
Special mentions go to the following participants:
- Loulou – our junior parkrunner who completed her first parkrun – Well done Loulou and thank you in advance for putting your name forward for volunteering next week
- Emma and Sakina for running their milestone events. No official t-shirts for these milestones but the capes looked great
- Sasha for joining a new age category of runners; happy birthday Sasha
- Metros running club for joining us this week. We look forward to seeing you again
- Our 20 hi-vis heroes, (including our junior volunteer Ali-Zayd) without our volunteers the event would not happen; thank you very much
We would like to invite you to our 5th Anniversary celebrations on 9th October – please save that date.
Finally, we are looking for volunteers to join our Run Directors team. If you have subscribed to our volunteer emails, you will have received a brief description of the role. If you are interested in joining us, please talk to any of the core team on Saturday, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you on Saturday
Canons Park parkrun
Event number 192
18th September 2021
This week 192 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 25 were first timers and 32 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 17 different clubs took part.
The event was made possible by 20 volunteers:
Chris PARKINSON-BEST • Nathan POWELL • Sakina SIDIK • Betty SPARKS • Kassim MEGHJEE • Pauline BISHOP • Wendy MULVENNA • Shama MEGHJEE-CAINE • Sakalain MEGHJEE • Suhayl KASSAM • Alisha SIDIK • Esmat SIDIK • Zaheer SIDIK • Anthony SINDOLE • Ali-Zayd MEGHJEE • Arti PATEL • Lynne JONES • Rohan MASCARENHAS • Jennifer O'SULLIVAN • Monica SHORTT
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Canons Park parkrun Results Page.
The male record is held by Alex BAMPTON who recorded a time of 15:54 on 29th June 2019 (event number 145).
The female record is held by Zoe MACDONALD who recorded a time of 19:07 on 1st January 2020 (event number 172).
The Age Grade course record is held by Nigel RACKHAM who recorded 89.00% (17:16) on 5th August 2017 (event number 44).
Canons Park parkrun started on 8th October 2016. Since then 4,464 participants have completed 26,424 parkruns covering a total distance of 132,120 km, including 4,745 new Personal Bests. A total of 395 individuals have volunteered 2,971 times.