The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Clifton Playing Fields, Clifton, Nottingham. The course is run on a mixture of trail paths and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Clifton parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Runners wishing to run with a dog are welcome, but please keep the dog on a short lead or harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are also welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Clifton parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.
For more information, please see our Support
The start and finish are located behind the pavilion building and are a short walk from the car park. The course follows the perimeter of two Clifton playing fields and alongside Fairham Brook. The route is run mainly on grass and consists of two full anticlockwise laps of the perimeter and a further short lap of part of the large playing field.
Toilets are available in the main pavilion building.
Location of startThe event starts behind the pavilion building and is a short walk from the car park.
Getting there by public transportThe nearest train station is Nottingham Station. Trams from Nottingham Train Station Tram Stop go direct to Clifton and stop at Southchurch Drive North on the junction of Farnborough Road and Southchurch Drive. Trams also stop at Clifton Central in the main shopping area. It is approx. 10 mins walk from either. The number 48 bus also stops in same places as the tram. The number 3 Navy Line Bus stops on Farnborough Road outside the playing fields.
Getting there on footFrom the main shops in Clifton centre it is approx. 15 mins walk. Head north along Southchurch Drive then turn right on to Swansdowne Drive and follow this to the junction with Farnborough Road. Turn left on to Farnborough Road and the entrance to the Playing Fields drive will be on your right after 100m.
Getting there by roadIf using Sat Nav. the postcode for venue is NG11 8JU and is approx. 20 mins drive from Nottingham City Centre.
From Nottingham City Centre follow the A52 south and then the A453 Clifton Lane south towards the M1 South. At the first roundabout on Clifton Lane turn left on to Farnborough Road. Follow Farnborough Road for approx. ¾ of a mile to the entrance to Clifton Playing Fields.
From junction 24 of the M1 follow the A453 towards Nottingham. After passing the Nottingham Trent University buildings on the left at the next roundabout turn right onto Farnborough Road. Follow Farnborough Road for approx. ¾ of a mile to the entrance to Clifton Playing Fields.
Parking is available along the driveway leading to the pavilion building.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in the Clifton Playing Fields Pavilion - please come and join us!