Well done to everyone who visited our 234th event where 383 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 67 were first timers, a big welcome to Croxteth Hall parkrun! We had 43 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 27 different clubs took part. This event was made possible by the following 19 amazing volunteers:
Carol PLATT • Cat TREBLE • Oliver APPLEBY • Sue TAYLOR • Tony BEYGA • Christine BEYGA • Bex FIELDMOUSE • Lisa PLATT • Graham PRICE • Margaret ROBERTS • Grace SCULLIN • Samantha HORNE • Mark HORNE • Sharon HARRISON • Kirstin FARRAR • Brian FORD • Kevin O'BRIEN • Hollie GRICE • Emma ROBERTSON
If you would like to be a Hi-Vis Hero, please contact us via Facebook or Twitter or email us email@example.com
Male first finishers:
- Ben LEWINGTON (SM25-29) was first over the line in 17.28
- Jonathan PONTIN (SM25-29) of Ravens, was second over the line in 18.00. It was also Jonathan’s first time at Croxteth Hall parkrun.
- Andrew FEARNS (VM40-44) of Knowsley Harriers AC, was fourth over the line in 18.18.
Female first finishers:
- Louise BARRATT (VW40-44) of John Lewis Partnership RC, was first (21st overall) over the line in 21.40. It was also Louise’s first time at Croxteth Hall parkrun.
- Amelia REARDON (JW15-17) was second (46th overall) over the line in 23.34.
- Carly JACKSON (VW35-39) was third (48th overall) over the line in 23.39.
The three highest age grades were recorded by:
- Fred SHILLETO (VM80-84) – 81.02% for the time 26.36 (104th overall)
- Andrew FEARNS (VM40-44) – 76.87% for the time 18.18 (4th overall)
- Robert PARKER (VM60-64) – 76.05% for the time 21.05 (16th overall)
Saturday’s results and a complete event history can be found on the Croxteth Hall parkrun Results Page.
We had two runners reach milestones this week. A huge well done to:
- Josh PETERS (JM15-17) who reached 50 parkruns
- Charlotte SMITH (VW35-39) who reached 100 parkruns
This week we were joined by staff from South Wirral High School who have formed a running group called South Wirral Striders. The group run for charity (mainly for Claire House), however for the month of November some of the group are running 60k for the Movember charity. We had some of the group join us at Croxteth Hall to add another 5k onto their running total. Well done everyone!
This week we were also hosts to the Croxteth Park Get Going Couch to 5k graduation. A huge congratulations to all of the graduates. We think it was possibly the biggest cohort ever as the start line was awash with orange hi-vis vests, such a lovely sight to see! Well done to everyone involved, runners, coaches and all supporters you have all done amazing. We hope to see you all at Croxteth Hall parkrun next week.
See you all next week!