Event number 53 will not be forgotten quickly as we were visited by Olympian and local legend, Adam Gemili. ("How did this happen?" I hear you cry) Some of you may remember one of our regular runners, Matilda Holliday, had written to Adam asking him to come down. Well, it worked and he did!
Taking time out of his busy training schedule, Adam helped present 6 milestone wristbands (well done to you all!) as well as taking part in our warm up. We had a great morning filled with photos and signed barcodes.
On the start line:
We had 52 runners complete the course and here are some amazing stats:
- 10 First Timers (Hello! Let us know how you got on over on our Facebook page)
- 5 Personal Bests - Well done!
- 6 Unknown runners - Don't forget your barcodes!!!
A big thank you to all the volunteers for giving up your time to make this a fun, safe and High-five filled event!
Before you go, there are just a couple of quick future announcements:
1. Please note we are cancelled next weekend (Sunday 16th July) for the Dartford Festival - Gravesend, Lesnes Abbey and Eltham are all fantastic local events, if you still want to get your run in! - Keep us posted about your adventures on our Facebook page
2. We need volunteers on Sunday 23rd July as some of the regular faces are on holiday. Please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or on our Facebook page if you'd like to get involved. Please give volunteering a whirl; it makes you feel great, you're giving back to others and without your help we cannot run the event.
Stay safe and see you in two weeks!