Here are the arrangements for the Christmas Day parkrun.
1) This only applies to Christmas Day – all other parkruns at Delamere will be as normal.
2) We will park in the Whitefield car park on Station Road – near where the Christmas trees are sold. It’s approximately half a mile into the forest as you pass the station. The visitor centre car parks will not be open: DO NOT GO THERE.
THE CAR PARK will open at 8:15 and WILL BE LOCKED AT 10:00 or SHORTLY AFTER THE RUN FINISHES.
YOU WILL BE LOCKED IN IF YOU HAVE NOT REMOVED YOUR CAR BY THEN
DO NOT PARK ON THE MAIN ROAD – it is double yellow lines. It may also jeopardise parkrun in the future if there are traffic offences.
3) When entering the car park use both the IN and OUT gates. From Hatchmere use the IN (left) gate and from the station use the OUT (right) gate. Park efficiently please ie don’t leave huge gaps between cars – there should be plenty of room then. If you start a new row – make sure any aisle you leave is not overly large.
The car park can only hold so many so it will really help if you can
- car share (or “park and ride” and share from elsewhere)
- park at Barnes Bridge or on the road to it (park carefully)
- come by bike.
4) Be careful when crossing the road on foot. The start will be on the lake 200m to the left, by the turn off to Go Ape (the ~2 mile point on the normal course).
5) The route (maps will be posted near the start) - 2 km clockwise around the lake path (no marshals as normal) - turn left (marshalled) and follow the path clockwise for 500m back to the lake (all marshalled) - 2.5km anticlockwise around the lake path (no marshals) At all times KEEP TO THE LEFT OF THE PATH in order to avoid collision where there is contraflow.
If you bring your dog you must start at the back of the field. Where the course is congested, please keep your dog on a short lead and overtake so that you are between your dog and the overtakee.
You must keep your dog away from oncoming runners. Uniquely for us there may be a lead bike – which you may meet head-on if you do not KEEP LEFT
6) The run brief will be at 9:00 as normal.
7) At the finish, as usual, follow the instructions of the marshals. Hold your hand out flat to collect a finish token. When you get to the scanners, hold your barcode vertically so it can be scanned without the scanner having to take it off you (it’s quicker). Keep moving until you reach the scanners. Be patient and stay in the funnel until you have been scanned.
8) When leaving the parkrun – cross the road with care and leave the carpark slowly and carefully. Use the right gate if you are turning right and the left gate if you are turning left.