Over the Christmas period the Dulwich parkrun Team will be hosting runs on
Saturday 26th December at 9am
New Year's Day at 10am
Saturday 2nd January 2016 at 9am
(There will also be a New Year's Day run at Peckham at 9am to enable those who have doubly indulged over the holiday period to do 'The Double')
Dulwich park was closed today (Monday) afternoon in view of concerns about storm damage and risks to park users. We are of course hoping that the park will reopen and any debris will have been cleared in time for our Christmas morning event to proceed as planned at 10.00. However, we will need to check on the situation on Tuesday and will confirm the outcome via further postings on this page and on social media.
Hello Dulwich parkrunners
You might have heard about the Frank Harmer 10K charity run that Herne Hill Harriers are organising at Brockwell Park, Sunday 3rd March, 10.30am
- Super for parkrun enthusiasts who want to step up to the next level or marathoners getting in a bit of speedwork in lead up to London.
- Max is 300 runners so it will be a comfortable size for all ages and level of runner. Plus there is a 1-mile fun run for kids.
- Read the reviews (friendly atmosphere, well-organised) and sign up via the runner's world website:
Adidas - who are one of the parkrun sponsors are running a motivation challenge for runners during January - March 2013. The challenge is called Jantastic and as Dulwich parkrun we have a team of runners entered.
The idea is simple:
- During January decide how many runs per week you plan on doing and each week submit to the website how many you've done.
- February is the same as January, just adding what your longest run per week is going to be.
- Then March is the same as January and February, but with the added challenge of predicting your time for a race. And that could be Dulwich parkrun, with the aim of setting a PB!
So far there are 7 Dulwich parkrun participants already signed up and we are doing well in the small team category, so why not sign up and set your own goals? There are spot prizes each month provided by Adidas, but it is also about setting your own goals and trying to meet them as consistent running is the easiest way to get fitter and faster.
Plus there is the option to ‘rival’ other entrants, so you could challenge the parkrun director or even anyone else with the same name or target as you!
To sign up head over to www.marathontalk.com/jantastic and select “Dulwich parkrun” as your team.