All parkrun events in this country are currently suspended due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). For further details please see here
The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is at Boat Lane (by Hampton Ferry), Evesham. The course is run on a mixture of gravel paths, stone track and grass. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Evesham parkrun is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Evesham parkrun is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help athletes compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Two laps of a flat clockwise loop, all alongside the beautiful river Avon, starting close to Hampton Ferry. There are two sections of the route where two way running occurs, under the Abbey Bridge and over the Fish Refuge Bridge. Care will need to be taken at these locations.
- Before the run toilets at the Viaduct Meadow. Full disabled access available.
- Children’s playground in Crown Meadow close to Abbey Bridge.
- Evesham Leisure Centre off Abbey Road has a swimming pool and a variety of facilities.
- Evesham Town Centre has a full range of shops and other facilities.
- Additional car parking available at the Viaduct Meadow car park and other town car parks but payment needed.
Location of startThe run starts close to Hampton Ferry.
Getting there by public transportEvesham railway station is just under a mile away. From the station turn right onto the High Street and walk through town centre where the bus station is located. Continue south into Vine Street. Turn right into Merstow Green and onto Boat Lane. The start of the parkrun is at the foot of Boat Lane around 50 metres to the left.
Several buses also serve Abbey Road and bus stops are located near the Council Offices, less than half a mile from the start.
Getting there on footFrom the town centre walk south along Vine Street. Turn right at Merstow Green and into Boat Lane. The start of the parkrun is at the foot of Boat Lane around 50 metres to the left.
Getting there by roadSat Nav Postcode: WR11 4BP
From the East: Heading towards Evesham on the A44, at the roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A46. At the next roundabout take 2nd exit, continuing on the A46. At the next roundabout take the 3rd exit onto A4184, sign posted Evesham. Continue for 1.3 miles crossing over the river. At the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Merstow Green. Continue onto Boat Lane and parking is available in the field on the left.
From the North: Heading towards Evesham on the A46. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit, at the next roundabout take the 1st exit onto the A4184. Continue for 1.6 miles through the town centre until you come to a roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Merstow Green, continue onto Boat Lane and parking is available on the left.
From the South: Heading towards Evesham on the A46 at the roundabout and take 1st exit onto A4184 Cheltenham Road. Continue for 1.3 miles crossing over the river. At the roundabout take the 1st exit onto Merstow Green. Continue onto Boat Lane and parking is available in the field on the left.
From the West: Heading towards Evesham on the A44, at the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto B4624 Worcester Road. Continue for 1.3 miles. Turn right at the traffic signals onto High Street A4184. Carry on for half a mile and until you come to a roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Merstow Green, continue onto Boat Lane and parking is available in the field on the left.
Post Run Coffee
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee in Raphael’s Restaurant, Boat Lane, Evesham, WR11 4BP - please come and join us!