All 5k events in this country are currently suspended due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). For further details please see here.
The course is 5000m (5K) long. This has been accurately measured by us with a professional measuring wheel. It's run in Falls Park, Falls Road, Belfast and run entirely on tarmac footpaths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.
Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.
Please, wherever possible walk, jog, cycle or use public transport when attending the event. If you do have to drive, please consider car-sharing to reduce our impact on both the environment and other park users. Please also watch out for other park users when arriving and leaving. Parking may be limited so try to arrive early.
The Falls parkrun, Belfast is a fun, free event organised by volunteers for the benefit of everyone. We wish to make the run as safe as possible, so runners, spectators and helpers are asked to take care about the following:
- Please be considerate to the park and other park users at all times.
- Children under the age of eleven must be accompanied (within arm's reach) throughout the run by a parent, guardian or appropriate adult of the parent's choice.
- Please arrive by foot, by pedal-power or by public transport if you can - your efforts help to reduce our impact on the park and the planet.
- Please consider volunteering to help occasionally - this event survives only because of your generosity - please visit the volunteer page for more information.
- Take care near roads and car parks - some vehicles drive very quickly. Please congregate away from the cars and be careful in particular if you have children. If you’re driving to the run, please drive carefully even if you’re late!
- When running, take care on uneven surfaces - whether on grass or on tarmac. Watch out for cyclists, other runners, pedestrians, children, dogs, wildlife, park animals, vehicles, park maintenance work, falling branches, bollards, posts and other obstacles around the course.
- Please ensure that you are fit enough to walk, jog, run 5k (3.1 miles) with us. Health advice about running can be found at the excellent Runners' Medical Resource website (although this external website focuses on preparation for a race and does not describe parkrun events).
- Remember to warm up before the run.
- If you see a runner with a serious problem, please stop to help them out and get help as soon as possible.
- If you’re watching, keep clear of runners on the course, and look after any children and dogs you may have with you.
- It is not permitted to run with a pushchair and a dog at the same time.
- Lyme Disease is a bacterial infection spread to humans by infected ticks. Consider protecting yourself by wearing repellent when at parkrun events in grassy or wooded areas. See lymediseaseuk.com for further details.
- You are welcome to take part with a dog, but please keep the dog on a short lead or short harness and under control throughout the event. Please also review the parkrun support page article about running with a dog at parkrun events.
- Runners pushing buggies are welcome, but please take extreme care of other runners around you. If possible start from the back of the field and try to keep to one side of the main body of runners.
We hope these tips help to ensure that Falls parkrun, Belfast is fun and safe for everyone.
All parkrun events use Age Grading to help parkrunners compare results.
Age Grading takes your time and uses the world record time for your sex and age group to produce a score (a percentage). This score allows you to compare your personal performance against other people's performances even though they might be a different age and a different sex to you - the higher the score the better the performance. The scores can also be compared across different race distances - to allow you to, for example, compare a 5km time against a marathon.For more information, please see our Support page.
Course DescriptionThis is a Hilly one! The course starts beside the Bowling club around 100 metres from the main gates of the Park. The course is totally run on tarmac path and is one small lap & 2 large laps running round the beautiful Falls park. The finish is back at the bowling club.
Location of startThe start is adjacent to the Falls Park Bowling Club on main driveway within the park
Getting there by public transport
BusBuses run every 30 mins from Queens street, Belfast City Centre every Sat morning ( approx 15 min journey)
TaxiThere is a black taxi rank at King street, Belfast (Castle Junction)
Getting there on footFrom Belfast City Centre, walk straight up the Falls Road for approx 2 miles to main gates of Falls Park.
Getting there by roadComing from Lisburn direction on the M1:
- Take exit 2 toward Belfast (w)(s).
- At roundabout take 1st exit onto A55/Kennedy Way
- Go straight up Kennedy Way to next roundabout and take 3rd exit onto B102 Andersonstown Road
- Go straight down Andersonstown Road keeping straight ahead at next roundabout
- Falls Park is on left Coming from M2:
- Stay on West Link, then take slip road for Belfast (W)(S)
- Follow signs to Belfast (W)(S)
- At roundabout take 3rd exit
- Follow sign to Donegall Road
- At top of Donegall road bear left at traffic lights onto Falls road
- At next roundabout take 1st exit
- Follow for 0.48 miles & arrive at Falls park main gate on your right