This week we had the spectacular Caroline STAFFORD as the RD, with a team of 21 other volunteers for our palindromic parkrun number 101. It looks like this was our last parkrun for a bit due to the Coronavirus that is spreading everywhere (for updates please click here for the main post by parkrun HQ), but we do hope to see you all again soon.
4 people brand new to parkrun
16 other people doing their first time at Felixstowe
We hope that Alan GARNHAM, Andrew KERRY, Logan KERRY and Zoe MARJORAM enjoyed completing their first ever parkrun with us, and when things get back to normal we hope to see you again. Our milestone runner this week was Ronald CLARK who completed his 50th parkrun - well done!
Our first male finisher was Jonathan GLANFIELD who completed his 19th parkrun in 17:43.
Our first female finisher was Alice HEATHER-HAYES in 20:05, completing her 32nd parkrun. Alice also had the highest Age Grade today with a score of 79.09%.
This week's picked out stats are...
- We had 116 male parkrunners and 91 female parkrunners complete the course.
- At our 101st event, Hayley DOWN was the person to be the 101st one to get back to the timekeepers.
- The average age was approximately 46 years old, with 45-49 being the most popular age group.
- We were joined by two people called Sharon this week: Sharon HAYFIELD and Sharon TAYLOR.
- The combined distance this week was 1,070km which takes you all the way from Felixstowe to Oslo, Norway and gives you enough km left to complete Tøyen parkrun.
- This week's second of choice is 11, and the following parkruns completed the course on the 11th second of the minute:
Dan WILSON-BROWN (21:11), Paul STONE (23:11), Angela PORTER (28:11) and Anita YOUNG
- This was our joint 60th most attended parkrun since we began in April 2018.
- This week the tokens were sorted back into order by Ethel MATTHEWS and Ruth WARNER, of which both have done this 22 times now - that's a lot of sorting!
I hope to see you all again at parkrun soon, it seems weird that we won't have one for at least a few weeks. We ask that people take the cancellations seriously and don't all meet up to complete the course at 9am on Saturdays. To quote Sarah FITCH (and repeated in the comments on Facebook by Sue WILKINSON): "Share the love, not the virus."
We at the core team wish everyone well and look forward to doing a parkrun again in the future. I've very nearly been writing the Run Reports at Felixstowe for a year now, having just done the 49th Run Report for you all - and I've enjoyed looking at the stats and all your names. See you soon!
Over at parkrun HQ, they are hosting a new activity for us all on Saturday mornings at 9am - The Great BIG parkrun Quiz, live on their YouTube channel.
This week 214 people ran, jogged and walked the course, of whom 20 were first timers and 21 recorded new Personal Bests. Representatives of 19 different clubs took part.
The event was made possible by 22 volunteers:
Christopher BING • Melonie EVANS • Steven ALDER • Rebecca BEWLEY • Julie DUNN • Adam DUNN • Daniela ELSTONE • Caroline STAFFORD • Sara GILLESPIE • Ruth WARNER • Liz CLARK • Debbie CATLING • Ethel MATHEWS • Wendie HALES • Andy COX • David MACLEAN • Ryan MOULD • Cheryl WAKERLEY • Daniel WARD • Gioanne EBURNE • Rachel OAKLEY • Finley GREENWOOD
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Felixstowe parkrun Results Page.
The male record is held by Kieran CLEMENTS who recorded a time of 14:38 on 7th March 2020 (event number 100).
The female record is held by Emily Rose MOYES who recorded a time of 17:55 on 7th March 2020 (event number 100).
The Age Grade course record is held by Anthony NIXON who recorded 89.47% (19:57) on 1st June 2019 (event number 60).
Felixstowe parkrun started on 7th April 2018. Since then 4,963 participants have completed 24,683 parkruns covering a total distance of 123,415 km, including 4,959 new Personal Bests. A total of 383 individuals have volunteered 2,394 times.